T H R E E

It was Carmella, she came back to talk to Poppy. Penelope sighed "Nothing Car, I just had a sad moment."

Carmella nodded "Are you guys a thing?" She asked with her face scrunched up, both of them shook their heads, no. "I didn't even realize you two knew each other..." She looked between the two of them, trying to figure out what was happening.

Dean spoke up before she could, "New friends. We met Sunday." Carmella narrowed her eyes, she didn't like this one bit. Penelope rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet awkwardly as she bit on her bottom lip.

"I never would've thought I'd be the raging lunatic out of the two of us." Poppy said with an uncomfortable laugh, trying to lighten the mood,

Dean laughed, "Kid, I think we are more alike than either of us would ever guess." He smiled down at her, those emeralds shined up at him with amusement.

"I think we should go, Pop..." She looked to her friend quickly, confused as to why she was making everything so tense. The brunette's brow furrowed, "To talk about what happened, in there." She gestured to catering and Penelope took a sharp breath, wishing they could just move past it.

She nodded reluctantly, "Bye, Dean." She sighed, pushing out a weak smile.

"Take care, and don't forget your promise." He waved as they started to walk away, a heaviness in his chest that he couldn't explain, his jaw clenched tight as he walked back to find Jack.

Poppy followed Carmella a few feet away to talk in private, she frowned "Do you wanna tell me what that was about?" The Princess of Staten Island asked, folding her arms across her chest.

Her friend looked at her "You took my moment, that was suppose to be my moment..."

Carmella shook her head "No Poppy, I was given that moment too, I earned it. I'm not just going to hand it over to you, you wouldn't do that either." Carmella was right, she knew it was true.

"I know, I know, Dean talked to me. I'm sorry, I was being selfish...I was just so close..." Her heart hung low, Carmella pulled her into a tight hug.

"I'm proud of you. You did amazing in that match, your best by far. And you'll always be my girl no matter how deranged you get." They laughed into the hug, "Speaking of which, what's going on with you and Dean?"

Penelope groaned, having a feeling this was going to be a reoccurring question, "We are just friend, Car."

She smacked her lips, those brown eyes searched her friends for the truth. "We have been friends for years and I've never kissed your forehead." Poppy bit down on her lip, in a failed attempt to hide a smile.

"You're right that was interesting." She laughed, her cheeks burning.

~

"Where'd ya go?" Jack asked throwing his hands in the air, they were both walking toward each other. Dean ran his fingers through his hair, when he noticed a shiny golden retriever on a leash.

"Oh look a dog," Dean pointed out, walking over to it, trying to avoid Jack. He couldn't tell Jack about Poppy, no one understood.

Jack came to him, "Yeah, so Dean..." His friend looked up at him as he scratched behind the dogs ear.

"Renee wants a dog, should I get her one?" Dean asked hoping to distract his blonde friend,

Jack nodded and sighed "Sure, why not?" He shrugged, he likes animals, dogs in particular but getting one together was a long commitment.

"I don't know, don't they live like fifteen years?" He questioned looking back to the big dog, Jack furrowed his brow with confusion.

"And you don't plan to be with Renee in fifteen years?" Dean froze not daring to look back at him, he didn't realize what he had just implied. "What's going on? I know it's been a few months since I last seen you but are you and Renee on the rocks?"

Dean took in a sharp breath kicking himself, "No, not at all. I gotta get ready for my match." He sighed, standing up right.

~

The crowd roared in a mixture of boos and cheers as he made his way backstage, a lopsided smirk spread across his face, he had to admit he was a little surprised by how many people booed him. He thought for sure everyone was as tired of Cena as he was. Arms wrapped around his neck the moment he turned the corner, "You did great!" Renee beamed, he wrapped his arms around her waist.

His heart sank as he sat her back down, a small part of him was hoping Penelope was going to greet him. "Thanks, babe." Dean smiled,

"I gotta go-" She stopped abruptly staring just past his shoulder, he turned around just in time to see Poppy spin on her heels to leave. His heart leaped in his throat.

"You need something?" He asked her, running his finger through his hair, she slowly turned back around, those piercing green eyes shifting between Renee and himself as she thought about ways to get away from the uncomfortable moment.

"I don't wanna intrude..." She mumbled, biting down on her bottom lip. Dean shook his head and motioned her over with his hand, she gave a weak smile as she stepped forward.

"Renee this is Poppy, Poppy this is Renee." He introduced them, they both nodded and Penelope gave a small wave. She felt so uneasy around the blond, so she turned to Dean.

"I just wanted to say congrats on the win, I'll leave you two alone." Penelope sighed feeling stupid for rushing there, of course Renee was going to be here, girlfriends greet their men at the curtain not friends. Dean watched her walk away with no objections, his chest tight with anxiety; he knew he wanted to stop her but it didn't make sense.

"You guys seem to be getting close," He turned to Renee staring up at him, he shook his head no casually.

"Don't you need to be getting to Talking Smack?" He asked nonchalant, her eyes go wide,

"Shit, you're right." She quickly gave him a peck on the lips before rushing away.

✗✗✗

Let me know what you are thinking so far 

and please don't forget to vote (: