S I X

He took his bag out of the cab, "Thanks, man." He said handing the guy what he owed. He walked up to the doorstep it felt weird being here under negative circumstances he'd always come over to have fun. Not to contemplate ending his relationship. He knocked on the door and waited, "Maybe I should have called first." He mumbled to himself, wondering if Seth was even home.

He rang the doorbell a few times, "Coming..." He heard a woman's voice yell, oh I definitely should have called, he thought as he smirked proud of his friend for finally getting some action. The door swung open and his smirk dropped, she shifted her weight from one leg to the other; unsure what to say or do.

"Uh...it's for you Seth!" She hollered over her shoulder, Penelope looked back just in time to see Dean's eyes trailing back up her body. Noticing she's in her pajamas, they stood in awkward silence as they waited for Seth.

He came laughing, "Of course it's for me, it's my house knucklehead." He said playfully, he rounded the corner and his smile fell too. "Dean." He was just as surprised as everyone else, "Uh, what's up?" Seth tried to sound more upbeat about seeing his friend.

Dean's electric eyes shifted between the two of them, trying to find his words. "I should go change." Poppy said not waiting for anyone to reply, she quickly rushed upstairs. Dean narrowed his eyes at Seth,

"What's she doing here?" He asked as he pushed his way into the house, he looked up the stairs to make sure she was out of hearing range. Then turned back to Seth,

"Come on in," He uttered under his breath as he turned around shutting the door behind him,

"So?" Dean asked again, his foot tapping impatiently.

"You don't get to do that." Seth said folding his arms across his bare chest, Dean's eyebrows lifted up his way of asking what he meant, without actually asking. "Get to be jealous." He clarified, "I already told you, she is like a little sister. And even if we did do something, she's grown. I'm grown. She's single. I'm single. It would be none of your business."

He wanted to object but knew he was right, "Fair enough." He grunted out trying to remind himself that he needed to stop being so possessive of her. He sat down on the couch and sighed, "So, I had an interesting night."

Seth plopped down beside him, "What happened?"

He looked back to the stairs, wanting to be sure she wasn't coming back, when he didn't see her he looked to him. "Renee pretty much said I need to marry her or end things. I'm paraphrasing of course but you get the idea." He put his head in his hands, this seemed like an impossible decision.

"What are you gonna do?" Seth asked placing his hand on his friends back reassuringly, he just shook his head. "Do you love her?"

He lifted his head and looked at him, "You know I do." He said matter of factly, "But...I don't know." He stopped himself, what was the problem? Did marriage scare him? Or was it just the thought of marrying Renee that scared him? "Do you mind if I stay here? I've got a week to figure things out and I really don't know where else to go."

"I mean of course," Rollins said hesitantly, "It's just Penny's gonna be here for the week to...is that gonna be a problem?" Ambrose shook his head no, even though deep down he wasn't sure. He looked back up the stairs before turning to Seth,

"Why is she here anyways?" He asked, his friend suddenly looked very uncomfortable; he shifted in his seat and gave an awkward half smile.

"It's not really my place to say... if you really wanna know you should ask her."