S E V E N

The room was silent as they sat and caught up on The Bachelor, Seth's idea. Dean groaned for the sixth time and Penelope couldn't help but chuckle at how annoyed he was. "Come on dude, if I wanted to watch this crap I would have just gone home!" 

"Hey, no one asked you guys to come over." He pouted crossing his arms across his chest defensively, they both grinned at him. "It's only my house but whatever, put on what you wanna watch."

Penelope burst into laughter throwing her head back, Dean's heart jumped in his throat seeing such a playful side to her for the first time ever. "I'd like to point out that I am watching your show with no complaints. Unlike some people..." Her honeyed voice sending chills through his body, she not so slyly pointed at Ambrose.

"You're a chick, you probably enjoy this crap." Dean pointed out, "I really don't get what you see in this show Seth, it's probably scripted." Seth smacked his lips clearly offended,

"The thought of meeting a complete stranger and falling in love even though you've only known them for a matter of weeks. I don't know, something magical about seeing how excited she gets when she sees him. You can just see the chemistry like they've known each other for years..." She shook her head, blushing. "I don't know, it's stupid. I guess I am a little girly when it comes to love." 

Dean stared at her, wondering if she felt the same connection to him that he did. They have only known each other for a few weeks but for some reason the thought of her not being there made his chest tighten. "I guess when you put it that way." He said, her eyes locking with his blue ones a sudden electricity in the air.

Penelope laughed awkwardly wanting to change the subject, "I should go to bed." She turned to Seth who was wiggling his eyebrows, she blushed again turning away.

"I only have the one guest room, I turned the other room into a weights room." They both looked to him confused, "But the guest room has a queen size bed, we're all adults, you can share right? Plenty of space." He added, her jaw tightened. How convenient...She thought narrowing her eyes at him.

"Uh," Dean started, looking to her. "I mean I don't care if you don't." Both guys were staring at her waiting for her response. She didn't want to make it weird by demanding not to sleep with him but she also didn't want to make it weird by sleeping with an engaged guy.

She was so torn, did she wanna sleep in the same bed as Dean? Of course, but he belonged to someone else and she wasn't sure she'd be able to control herself that close to him in the dark. "I think I'll just sleep on the couch."

He shook his head no, "I'll sleep on the couch. You were here first, take the bed." Her heart sank, now she felt bad. She opened her mouth to protest but he put his hand up to stop her, "I insist." She sighed but nodded, standing up to go.

"Sorry." She muttered before bending down to hug Seth goodnight, "Night guys."

Penelope laid in bed replaying the moment over and over again in her mind, she knew that was one of those moments that could have changed everything. And she couldn't decide if she made the right decision, her phone buzzed and she leaned over to pick it up off the end table.  

She sighed knowing he was right, she was terrified

She sighed knowing he was right, she was terrified. What was right and what was wrong? She thought she knew but every part of her was begging for Dean to be beside her. To hold her close, make her feel whole again. Life hasn't been the same since she met him and she never wanted it to go back to the way it was before. 

Staring at the chicken emoji's, she decided. She clicked the back button and stared at Dean's contact name: Dean (STOP) in bold black letters. A reminder to never go this far, yes she asked Seth for his number but she vowed to never actually text him. After a few minutes she finally hit send. "Now it's up to him..." She whispered into the dark, before rolling over to try to sleep.

" She whispered into the dark, before rolling over to try to sleep

He stared at the screen, almost positive he was dreaming. The number was unknown but it was obvious who it was from, he quickly saved her number. And just stared at the screen trying to decide what to do, he was here to think about his relationship with Renee. Not get closer to Poppy, but he couldn't deny how badly he wanted to be laying beside her. Even though the couch wasn't bad. 

He chewed on his bottom lip as a war raged inside of him, if he wanted this so bad then why was he with Renee? Why would there be any doubt? He rubbed his eyes frustrated, both women were perfect in different ways. He'd never really pictured the future with Renee, he has always been a in the moment kind of guy but he had to admit late in the night he has thought about what a future with Penelope would be like.

He sat up, looking to the dark staircase. His heart fluttering with just the thought of her, "Just this once." He uttered to himself as he took his phone and headed up the stairs. He slowly opened the bedroom door, not wanting to wake her if she was asleep. "Poppy?" He whispered into the silent room, she didn't move. 

He creeped closer, looking down he realized he was in just his boxers. He made his way to his bags to grab a shirt to throw on so it would be less awkward. Slowly he sat down on the empty side, her back facing him. He laid flat, far enough away that they weren't touch. His heart was racing, he wanted more. Slowly he worked his way over and wrapped his arm tightly around her waist pulling her into his chest snugly. Her warm body against his sent chills through him, he closed his eyes and felt the most content he'd ever felt in his life. This was right. He was sure. 

***

Sorry this is a shorter chapter but I just felt it was a nice place to end

things (: let me know whatcha think!

Vote & Comment <3