Chapter One

"I know it's all a big shock right now dear, but you must know that you are not alone." The old man with the long white beard and half moon specticles soothed, clutching the girls hand and trying his upmost to lighten her grief.

"How can everyone just act like it was some freak accident? all I hear is 'it's so sad to hear about your parents', no.. NO it's not sad it's horrendous! because this is all the fault of Lord Voldemort. He or one of his minions murdered them." Ellie screamed hysterically, swiping everything off the coffee table in a rage.

"My dear, you should be careful when mentioning his name... I have told you this before, it is He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named." Albus Dumbledore sighed, trying to get through to the young witch.
"He can be named, and I'm not afraid to say his pathetic excuse for a name! What is he going to do? kill me? like I care... he's already taken everything that ever mattered to me." Ellie sneered, her tears falling from her blue eyes like a waterfall.

"Miss fant. You must put aside this burning anger temporarily and allow yourself to grieve! this is imperative." Dumbledore soothed, grabbing both of her hands to stop her pacing. "I....I just can't believe they're gone." She cried hopelessly, his heart broke for the girl as he pulled her into his arms and held her.

"You know, your mother was one of Ravenclaw's finest students. And a close friend of mine for many years, that is why her will places you in my care." Dumbledore explained to the shell of a girl. She was always a bouncy and happy child when he would visit. He still has a drawing she gave him when he visited the family.

"I don't understand Uncle Albus, why am I not going to live with my Aunt Gillian. My father would have wanted that.. I'm sure of it."
"Your father never left any requests of the sort, he shared your mothers wishes."

Ellie was rather surprised, but not disappointed. She always adored 'Uncle Albus' as she called him. Aunt Gillian was a kind woman, but she was a terrible drunk and spent most of her day in the local pub trying to chat up men half her age.

"So what happens now?" Ellie asked with a sigh, "You will be accompanying me to Hogwarts where you will enroll as a student." Dumbledore explained, Ellie nodded and thanked him for his kindness. "There is no need to thank me Miss Fant. You are like family. Now of course you must stay temporarily with your Aunt Gillian. Just until the funeral... and then we will leave for Hogwarts." He explained.

Dumbledore left the house, no doubt to find a good place to apperate from. Leaving Ellie sat there staring at a photograph up on the wall. It was her, aged no more than 9, with her mother and father on a day out to the seaside. She was licking an ice cream and her father was fighting off the seagulls trying to steal his fish n chips. Ellie couldn't help but chuckle.

After an hour or so had passed a car horn beeped outside and she grabbed her bag. Slamming the door and locking it behind her she slid into her Aunt Gillian's car, "My dear Sweet Ellie!" The blonde, middle aged woman cried, pulling Ellie into a tight hug.

They drove in silence, her aunt occasionally glancing at her with worry. To Gillian, Ellie looked broken, understandably of course... but it stil shocked her to see the girl so withdrawn.