Chapter Eight

Hermione was angry. She was always the calmest of her friends but she was seriously pissed off. Proffesor Snape knew about all these struggles Ellie was dealing with and yet was so vile to her? It didn't bare thinking about. It took every bit of her inner calm to stop her from rushing down into the dungeons to give him a piece of her mind.

When she arrived at lunch she took her usual place at the Gryffindor table. "Bloody hell 'Mione, what'd crawled up your arse!" Ron groaned as she slammed her bag down aggressively. "Nothing." She spat, "Are you sure Herms?" Harry asked with genuine concern. "She's probably got the painters in..." Ron joked, "I do not have the painters in you repulsive toad!" Hermione screeched, the whole hall stopped and stared at her and she wanted the ground to open up and swallow her.

As the meal continued, Hermione saw that Professor Snape was staring at Ellie's empty seat and was rather perplexed by it for a while. Eventually she convinced herself that he was not all bad. Professor Snape obviously felt some regret over his words to Ellie. In truth she was correct, he did feel guilty but not so much because of his words.. more because of whom he said the words to.
That beautiful girl with the bluest eyes he had ever seen, Ellie...

"Why are you staring at Professor Snape?" Harry asked, picking up on her rather obvious glare. "You know, everyone goes on about how he's a bad egg but I always tried to see the good in him... but now, I'm starting to question myself." Hermione sighed. "You know what your problem is 'Mione? you see good in people where it doesn't exsist." Ron piped in. "He's right Herms, people don't hate Snape without reason. You shouldn't feel bad though, it only shows that you believe in people." Harry reassured her, but as innocent as their sentements were.. they didn't make her feel any less angry.

"Why are you staring at me Miss Granger?" A low voice spoke from behind Hermione's back. "Wha..?" "Cat got your tongue? are you not going to enlighten me as to why you're constantly glaring? No? 20 points from Gryffindor." Snape scowled and swished away towards the main door of the hall.

Hermione's blood was boiling, she had had enough and marched out of the hall in pursuit of the greasy git. "You, Professor Snape are a vile and evil... creature! you have NO idea how much you have hurt Ellie! what she needs is the support of everyone here at Hogwarts and all you've done is kicked her when she's already down.. you are WEAK! you bully people to make yourself feel better about your own shitty exsistance!" Hermione screamed, her nostrils were flaring.

"My my... the insufferable know it all seems to be a true Gryffindor... I will give warning Miss Granger, if you ever speak to me that way again you will be severely punished and I do not mean detention.... I will personally see to you being expelled." Snape seethed into her face, she had pushed his buttons. He smirked at her and stormed off towards the dungeons with his robes billowing behind him.

"What an arseflap." Hermione groaned.