Chapter Eleven

Snape watched her at breakfast, sitting with that insufferable know it all and her friends. He saw they way the boys at the table looked at her and he couldn't help but feel jealous. He was mesmerised by the way her eyes lit up when she laughed, he even noticed every time she scolded herself for allowing herself a smile. He felt pained when guilt flashed across her face as she forgot her loss for a brief second.

He was tormented by his own desire, he wanted nothing more than to hold her again.. taste her kiss once more.. he hated himself for rejecting her when she needed someone the most. "I have no choice..." he sighed desperately.
"What do you have no choice about Severus?" Minerva asked from his left, "Did I say that out loud?" "Yes, I'm not loosing my hearing Severus. You said, and I quote 'I have no choice'.."

"Minerva, I have to go. Please excuse me." Snape said politely and excused himself from the table. He slipped out the side door without drawing too much attention to himself.

Ellie noticed, she saw him leave the great hall and felt her stomach drop.
She knew that he was right to stop whatever was starting the night before, she respected him for it in truth. in fairness it was probably not the best time to get involved with anyone let alone a Professor. It didn't stop her feelings though, she was attracted to him in a way she had never felt...

"I'm so bloody cold.." Ron moaned, pulling on his Gryffindor sweater and getting stuck during the process. "For gods sake Ronald!" Hermione growled, helping him free of the woollen monster.
"It would be cold its November." Ellie scoffed, finishing off her juice and leaving the hall. She wasn't in the mood for one of their domestics.

Standing against the wall outside the great hall she took a deep breath. "Are you alright?" A friendly voice asked, she looked up to see Harry had followed her.
"I'm fine Harry, I'm just a bit stressed out." Ellie explained, "Is it your parents, or is there something more?" Harry pressed. "I can't tell you Harry, I'm sorry." She smiled and headed to class.

"Well if it isn't the new girl!" A boy with blonde hair and a smirk snorted with his friends, "fuck off." Ellie snapped, trying to push past the boy. They gathered around her in a threatening manner.
"I know about your parents.. your mother brought it on herself you know, and you will be next.. maybe you can have a little.. reunion."

"Step away from her Mr Malfoy." A deep and voice drawled. Snape stepped forward and the boy took a step back, "Detention, tonight." He spat furiously causing the boy to smirk and slink off.
"Ellie....." Snape spoke gently at the broken looking girl. "I'm alright. Thanks for helping." she replied. "you don't have to pretend with me..." "I'm not, I really am fine." Ellie smiled, Snape nodded and continued on his way.

That afternoon classes went by slowly, Ellie felt like each one lasted an age. The words of Professor Flitwick seemed muffled, The twins constant laughing and joking grated on her, Seamus' constant flirting was driving her crazy and Hermione and Ron's constant bickering was making her want to scream.

She grabbed her bag and fleed from the charms class. She ran down into the dungeons and burst into the potions classroom without thinking, Luckily a class was not in progress. "Ellie what happened?" Snape pleaded, running towards her and catching her as she collapsed into his arms, "I'm not fine.. I'm not fine at all." She cried, Snape held her tight and asked no more questions, He just let her cry.