Chapter Four

"What? This is not possible! Albus....?" Snape exclaimed in complete shock. Professor McGonagall looked at Ellie and then to Dumbledore with concern.
"I don't understand! is this bad? This is bad isn't it! I..." Ellie began panicking.
"Everything is fine my dear, it's just a surprise... that is all." McGonagall lied.
How could she admit to the girl that she was so rare she would be famous, and possibly even a target for the Dark Lord?

"Well, that leaves the issue of uniform and where Miss Fant will dwell, Albus." Snape groaned, frustrated at having to be here at the 'bloody welcome meeting'.
"I think that is something we will leave up to Ellie herself..." Dumbledore smiled. "Do you not think she would be better off in her own quarters? Or with myself or Severus? what with the circumstances..." McGonagall pressed, Ellie saw the worry in the elderly witches eyes and it unnerved her. "She will be quite safe in the dormitories for now Minerva." Dumbledore insisted, and Snape could not agree fast enough.

"Can I stay in Gryffindor? Only, I have a friend there.." Ellie requested eagerly. "You do? That's settled then! Gryffindor it is! Professor McGonagall will see you to the common room." The headmaster beamed.
Snape grunted at the girl as she followed McGonagall from the room, "Severus...."
Dumbledore sighed...

Snape looked at his friend with a cold glare, at a loss for words himself. "How can this be Albus? this is impossible!" He inquired desperately, standing up and pacing the room. "I fear this will have complications beyond anything we have seen before. This is an extremely
Rare case.. only one similar case in the past century." Dumbledore replied openly.

"You mean this has happened before?" "Yes, dear boy it has. However never at Hogwarts... in 1914 a boy named Claude Andre Roux was placed in Ombrisse, a combination of both Ombrelune and Pappilonisse houses." Dumbledore replied, popping a sherbet lemon into his mouth.
"And what happened? for Merlins sake Albus!" Snape spat, becoming infuriated by his oldest friends nonchalant behaviour.

"Claude was different from the other students, he had greater magic. He became disturbed by his own talents, for example he could speak with the dead... he killed himself aged only 17. That's all I know." "Albus, you must speak with Madame Maxime, she may have more information. Shall i call for that pathetic excuse for a game keeper? he seems... close with the woman." Snape suggested,
Dumbledore nodded in agreement, and Snape went on his way.

Just as the dungeon bat was leaving the room Dumbledore asked him a question..
"Why do you care so much for all of this Severus? Why are you so concerned with Miss Fant's welfare?"
Snape paused at the door, and spoke simply.. "I don't."
Dumbledore grinned to himself once the potion master had gone. 'You don't care? Is that right!' He chuckled to himself mischievously.