- 1

Chapter 1
"I'm back, Sakura-chan!"

He did it.

He finally did it.

He finally managed to bring his teammate back permanently.

It was worth the fights, hard work, painful words, blood, sweat and tears.

He wondered what she, the girl he had promised to to get their teammate back no matter what, would be like when they got back.

Would she be happy?

Of course she would. What would she look like when he gets back? Surely she would have grown a lot more than the last time he saw her.

His thoughts were interrupted by the man who ran beside him, "Hn, dobe. How long until we reach Konoha?" His teammate and best friend's voice emotionless and slightly cracked from all the arguments and shouting he had done with him yesterday.

Naruto grinned at him, "Just an hour or so. Let's go faster so we could reach there sooner!" And put a little bit more chakra into his feet, dashing through the thick branches of trees that planted into the soil of the rainy forest.

"B- but I'm tired, Naruto! Sasuke-kun, could we stop just for a while, please?" A voice behind them pleaded, belonging to none other than a certain red-head of Team Taka, Uzumaki Karin.

"Hn, no." Sasuke, the leader of Team Taka said shortly and sternly.

"But Sasuke-kun!" She whined, her pace going slower from the lack of energy she had left in her body.

The young Uchiha sighed, "Jūgo, carry her," He commanded the orange-haired giant. Jūgo nodded and stopped before lifting the female Uzumaki onto his back. He sprinted along with the others after.

~  TIME SKIP  ~

It took a while but they finally reached the gates of Konoha, tired and trying to catch their breaths. Naruto walked forward, the other three people behind him following along quietly.

The Blonde ninja called out to the guards who were currently slacking off in their job, He tried to remember their names before grinning and running to their way "Hey Izumo, Kotetsu!" The two guards turned their heads to Naruto's way and stood up.

Izumo squinted his eyes "Is that.. Who I think it is?.. Naruto?" He asked unsurely to his best friend and the other guard rolled his eyes "You think? The only person I know that has blonde hair with terrible fashion sense is that knucklehead of a ninja," Kotetsu replied.

His best friend chuckled and hit his arm lightly "Be nice idiot.".

They watched as Naruto ran towards their way without energy, when he finally reached them, catching his breath slightly "I really need to conserve my energy better," he said particularly to no one.

"Well, have you brought the Uchiha back for sure this time?" The spiky brunet guard asked the blonde and placed a hand on his shoulder.

The younger ninja's head snapped up immediately, a big grin plastered on his tanned face "Yes, yes I did! It was so worth the fights and all! I can't wait to see the look on Sakura-chan's face when he comes!" He said enthusiastically.