- 3

Chapter 3
Viewing The Past

"W-what?" Naruto asked. Suddenly his face felt wet, reaching to touch his marked cheeks only to feel the transparent liquid he should have felt when they first rolled down his tanned face.

Tears.

He hadn't even realized that he was crying. The numbness of his brain trying to slowly process the unbelievable words that came out of Tsunade's mouth gave him a light headache.

The Hokage felt a sudden tug in the inside of her chest from looking at her apprentice's best friend crying. She turned her head away from her sight, afraid that she might break her emotionless mask of a face.

She sighed, "You heard me the first time Naruto," Tsunade said, trying her best to not break down in-front of Sakura's teammates.

"B-but," Naruto started, gaining the attention of Tsunade. She wiped her eyes, afraid of the chance that tears might form. She cleared her slightly dry throat and took a sip of her wine before placing it back to its' place.

"She promised.." He whispered brokenly, coughing when an uncomfortable lump in his throat formed suddenly.

Clearing his throat to gain better access of speaking properly, he continued, "She told me y-years ago before I left that she'll never leave u-until I manage to get him back here.." Cursing himself mentally for the stutters, he looked down at the floor as he felt a pang of betrayal shot his chest.

As several teardrops fell onto the office floors, he asked "Well.. could you tell me everything that happened here while I was gone?".

Tsunade smiled slightly at him, "Of course," She replied. "But now, I don't have the time so I'll just show you something important for a while."

Naruto looked at her curiously when she told Karin, Jūgo and Suigetsu to go out of her office and letting them roam around the village to be familiar with some of the most common scenery of Konoha but warned them about not catching the attention of the villagers and high-ranked ninjas.

They nodded, understanding that Tsunade and Naruto needed privacy but wondering why Sasuke didn't come along with them, guessing that it's because the young Uchiha was once part of Naruto's team.

Immediately after the 3 had stepped out of her office, Tsunade cleared her throat and stood up suddenly causing a few of her papers to fall from her desk, "Hyōji Kako no jutsu," She whispered.

Naruto widened his eyes, he recognized that jutsu. Sasuke on the other hand, stayed silent and wondered what was going on.

[ 表示過去 ] - 'Hyōji Kako no jutsu' or also known as 'Viewing The Past Jutsu' a powerful jutsu created by the first Hokage's, Senjū Hashirama, best friend: Ishikawa Daisuke.

A jutsu that allows a person to see the happenings of the past but can only be controlled by how much they miss a person. If one misses someone from their past too much, they could go too far into the past and if they miss someone too little, they could only see what happened a week ago or so.

But one must be careful when using this jutsu for if they go too far back or stay in one specific time period for an hour or more, they could have very little chance to escape.

Suddenly, the whole room turned a bright white- forcing them to close their eyes tightly and cover their faces -mostly their eyes- with their hands for the sake of their perfect sight. The next thing they knew, they were outside the Hokage tower, between the loud crowd of Konoha. But everything was different from when Naruto and Sasuke just saw it.