- 8

Chapter 7
The Third Visitor

Hot wind blew harshly against the sands of one of the scorching deserts of Sunagakure. The place was almost close to be announced 'unhabited' as the small, small village that occupied a few kilometers of the said desert's space had very little population, not even reaching a hundred.

The village was one of the many tiny villages that inhabited the edging borders of the hottest hidden village in the world; Sunagakure. It was also known by very little amount of people outside its' territory about the mere existence of it, or even the fact that it usually holds many accompanies of widely-known S-ranked shinobis at least once every week.

Although the area had little population, it still had some important buildings for foreigners to tour at such as bath houses and it's own kind-of-crowdy market that usually sells out other village's souvenirs, cheap weapons, and such other stuff beside food.

A bit far away from the village's entrance was a small restaurant. The day was still bright, and the sun was still glaring harshly at the world, so normal people would usually enjoying their time to fill up their growling stomachs and head by to grab lunch.

Yet, here he was. Alone. Sitting quietly near a pond.

The said person was one of the S-ranked criminals that liked to hung out in the village, though he prefered to do it alone.

Akasuna No Sasori, was what people from all of the 5 nations called him. The greatly-feared criminal from Sunagakure was a red-head with a natural slouch to his body. He was quite good-looking, admitted by many females before, though the only flaw he had to his physical features was that he was quite... short. At least for men his age.

He never minded it though, but it gets annoying whenever his ex-partner would constantly tease him about it because the younger one was taller than the elder. His thoughts flew slowly to his past with the Akatsuki, mostly to the person closest to him throughout the whole period of being part of the organisation; Deidara.

He stayed silent as his mind replayed some stupid, memorable moments he had with the suicidal bomber of a partner-in-crime. Something warm yet heavy rose inside him, and he frowned.

Ah yes, he almost forgot. He was human. Again.

Thanks to the pink-haired kunoichi with fiery green eyes -he once vowed to himself he would make her as one of his puppets- that killed his puppet form that was supposedly make him immortal, he was resurrected for the second time by Nagato, or Pein - either one will do.

The red-head remembered waking suddenly one day as a human when he knew he was supposed to be dead. After all, his heart was taken by Suna nin and stored away safely, or so they thought, in the lowest underground level of the hospital.

'Really, out of all buildings, why'd they choose the hospital to lock my heart in? 'He mused, unconsciously doodling on the ground before him with his finger.

He stayed silent, memories and thoughts flew around his head. He reminisced the little girl - Sakura! - being the last person that appeared in his mind in both times he was supposedly about to 'die'; the first being his moments before death in his puppet form and the second was when his puppet body got resurrected yet destroyed by Kankuro.

His gaze hardened as his brows furrowed. He felt as if he had met the pink-haired brat long before their fight with his grandmother. Sasori doodled more on the ground before him, his nails getting dirty from the contact of it with soil.

Finally, he stood up and dusted his clothes first before huffing his hair away from blocking his sight and carrying his stuff away from the pond. His first destination was to find an inn. He planned on staying the night then leave the next day.