- 7

Chapter 7
Sakura's Identity

Tsunade stared at them quietly, silently and patiently waiting for either to answer.

When a few minutes passed and neither Karin nor Takeshi had spoken up, she finally had enough and slammed the table, causing it to break into two. The two investigated people jumped at the sudden hit, and even Ibiki flinched just a tiny bit.

Karin looked down, feeling small at the intense  gaze Tsunade gave them while Takeshi dared to look back. The thick atmosphere that gathered up in the room had broken when the Godaime roared out, "Tell me!".

The red-head gulped a little at the level of volume the woman had used on her and Takeshi before looking up bravely at Tsunade just like the man beside her had done.

The young brunet contemplated whether it was better to lie; doubting the accusation that was thrown at Karin and him, and make up a believable story, or tell his leader the whole truth. Then, a thought of getting tortured heavily for lying - they were in the T&I building with it's leader, for goodness' sake, they could read lies like an open book.

He made up his mind.

He took a deep breath and released it. With a serious gaze thrown at the Godaime infront of him, he spoke up. "The story's quite... mind-bending," he started seriously, "If I explain it to you, Hokage-sama, would you believe me?"

"Just get the fuck on with it, kid. Just because you were my apprentice's fiancè, it won't mean I'd go easy on you." Her voice gruff, an annoyed expression plastered on her face. She looked back between Takeshi and Karin, "But remember, no. Lies."

Takeshi glanced at Karin who nodded hesitantly at him, her red eyes telling him to 'sane' up the details of the explanation enough to make the two elders believe. Again, the violet-eyed ANBU sucked in a deep breath before speaking up.

His gaze hardened as he looked down on the table, "You see... There are a few very important details about Sakura-chan that even you don't know about, Hokage-sama." Tsunade raised an eyebrow, yet stayed quite and let him continue. "For starters, Sakura is a Haruno, but she was once an Uzumaki. Karin here... she's her blood sister."

"Karin's father was Uzumaki Ryu, and Sakura's mother was Saito Mebuki -yes, Mebuki-san was also a Haruno, but she originally was Saito Mebuki before she married Uzumaki-san then divorced him and married to Haruno Kizashi-san," He breathed in a bit to catch his breath.

"Mebuki-san had Sakura-chan and Karin with Uzumaki-san before Uzumaki-san and her had a huge problem in their relationship when Amegakure went under attack, albeit forcing them to at least move somewhere safer for their family." His voice lowered a tone, "Mebuki-san wanted to move to Konoha, but Uzumaki-san didn't agree with her plan. Uzumaki-san explained to her that their surname will surely raise huge suspicion because of the attack of the nine-tailed beast 3 years ago that made Uzumaki Naruto known as the only Uzumaki left, from all that Konoha's known."

"Their relationship went downhill from then drastically. Mebuki-san and Uzumaki-san-" Karin interrupted him by taking the sensitive part of the story herself as it was her  family's past. She mentally noted to thank his later for explaining the beginning. "Tou-san and kaa-san... They argued and fought day and night, they didn't even think that their fights could affect both Sakura and I," She looked down with sad eyes.