5- The Promise

Flashback (continued)

My eyes widen. How could she possibly know how to save him. We've searched and searched and found nothing. No magic we know can get rid of END and leave Natsu.

"H-how Lucy?"

"My mother used to tell me of a "one magic" that I possessed, I didn't understand it then, but I do now."

"Celestial spirit magic is very unique. It's light magic. And END is no doubt dark."

I still don't understand. Not at all. But this feeling in my gut isn't good. "What exactly does that mean, Lucy?"

"Light and dark are equals. You can't have light without dark, and dark without light. I could use my magic power to cancel out END's."

There's something else to it she's not saying. She should be happy but she's not, and it's making me unsettled. "What are the consequences? If that was all, you would be telling everyone, not just me."

"Light and dark coexist. If I want to get rid of END, then I will have to disappear in turn."

I've heard enough. I swiftly grab her by the shoulders and look her right in the eyes.

"Lucy, that is not a solution. Your life is worth just as much as his. Fairy tail wouldn't be the same without you, either. And, Natsu would never forgive himself if you did that for him, none of us would. I need you to promise me that you'll forget about it. That you'll never think about it again."

"But, Gray.."

"Promise me!"

"...I promise Gray."