8-Enough Time

Lucy's pov

No.

No no no no no!

How could this happen? Though a part of me knew it would. But why didn't I prepare? Or make a plan?

I was stupid.

I slowly turn to face the owner of the voice I already know.

"Zeref."

"What brings you here Lucy? I know that you don't think you can beat me. Let alone, you wouldn't want to."

I don't have time for this. As soon as the others get here my plan will fall and I'll never get another chance. All I have to do is distract him so I can run.

"You already know why I'm here, Zeref."

"That I do, Lucy Heartfilia. And I also can't let you do that. So, I'm sorry, but this is goodbye."

He pulls out a sword and lunges. He's quick but I was prepared for this. He was going for a fatal blow.

I lunged to the right, but he was faster than I was prepared for and a deep slash across my stomach appeared.

I quickly reach for my keys and act.

"Open, gate of the lion." A bright light appears and Leo springs into action.

"Thank you, Loke."

I don't waste time and I run.

"Lucy don't do it. You can't!" He yells at me.

"I'm sorry Loke, but I have to."

He doesn't get a chance to try and stop me as Zeref attacks. Zeref's magic is death magic. Loke can't beat him, but he'll be able to hold him off. He's a spirit. Zeref can only use brute force to defeat Loke.

I've bought myself enough time.