[10]

Mariah's P.O.V

I arrived at work. I sat in my car, thinking about what I'm going to do. Shaking my head, I made my way out the car, and walked quickly to the building.

"Just go in there, and treat this like a normal day, if he talks with you, say you're busy" I say to myself as I walked a bit quicker.

When I stepped into the building, I looked around to make sure Mr.Hamilton wasn't there. Thankfully he wasn't, but I did see Marie. A smile appeared on my face, and I called out to him.

"Marie!"

She turned to me and returned the smile. When I finally reached her, she pulled me into a tight hug.

"There's my favorite girl"

I laughed and pushed her away. She only pouted and raised her brow at me.

"Since we're at work, don't call me girly, alright?" I say, point my finger at her. She only smirked.

"I can't make any promises, but I can try"

"Well you better try super fuc-"

"Ms. Schuyler, my office, now" I hear someone say behind me. I froze in my spot, but then I remembered my little prep-talk.

Tell him you're busy.

"I'm busy" I say turning to him.

He looked at Marie and then back at me.

"You're busy? Doing what exactly?"

"I'm clearly talking with Marie"

"So he's more important I'm guessing?" William says, with a smirk on his face.

Dammit, it didn't work.

Sighing heavily, I looked at him and I gave him a sarcastic smile, then quickly looking away with a blank expression.

"Anything is more important than this conversation we're having, as well as you" I say, looking back at Marie and laughing a bit.

"I guess you don't understand, Ms. Schuyler, I gave you a-"

"An order, yeah I know"

I turned and started to make my way to the stairs to avoid being in the elevator with him alone, but he grabbed me by the arm, talking me with him.

"I could've took the stairs"  I say, rushing to a corner to stand away from him.

When the doors closed, I realized that we were the only people in there.

Aw fuck me.

But I was brought out of my thoughts when I seen he had rushed towards me, grabbing me by the face and kissing me. I felt myself blushing and butterflies fly around in my stomach but I shook the feeling away.

Don't kiss back.

I pushed him off of me and shook my head.