Stardust159 Contest Entry

Reader-chan is a human (of course)
Credit to the artist <3
Not an update to the story but a (late) contest entry for Stardust159 's contest!  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You, Y/N L/N, have always been a big fan of Sonic. Whether it was the anime or the games, you love Sonic. People think you're crazy for crushing on a non-existing anthropomorphic blue hedgehog, but you brush them away saying that it wasn't any of their business. Your room is filled with posters and drawings of him and his friends, mostly him though. Your closest friends knew that and always tease you and making up scenarios where you both get married. They even wrote a few short fanfictions JUST for you! How nice~ Of course, you have a Wattpad account where you post your own stories since you just have to. Oh how you wish he were real. Having a fast-moving hero roaming around the streets, protecting people from evil and helping those who need it. Sure, maybe half of the city would be destroyed by Eggman's robot but it's not too bad, right? Sonic will protect everyone! 

You look down on your small doodles of Sonic that you were drawing on your textbook during English class. What you're doing is way more fascinating that whatever the teacher was saying. As you look at his face you drew and you swear you just saw him wink at you. Or maybe you're just hallucinating? Who knows WHAT is going on in your head. However you're fantasy was interrupted as the teacher calls your name.

"Hai!" You say as you snap your head at the board.

"What did I just say?" She asks you in an annoyed tone. Her arms are crossed and she was tapping her foot on the ground. She's clearly pissed.

"U-Uh...You... Uuuhh you were talking about... About writing an autobiography...?" You answer stuttering and unsure about your response. 

"You're not listening in class Y/N! Come see me after class and you better have a reason because this isn't the first time I caught you taking a ride in dreamland." She scolds you while you hear some of the popular students snickering.

"H-Hai... Gomenasai, sensei." You apologize as she continues talking. You buried your face in your hands in embarrassment as your face goes red. 

As you remove your hand from your face, the ground starts shaking wildly. While the students yell in fear, you quickly sit under your desk. 

"Take cover under your desks!" The teacher order as the students did as told. However it didn't help as bits and pieces of the ceiling fall on everyone, making them even more scared. You use your breathing techniques to calm yourself since panicking won't help you now will it? The windows of your classroom all break, sending glass on your skin. You wince at the contact of it on your skin as it slightly bleeds. The wall that was separating the outside world and your classroom explodes as everyone runs to the exit of the classroom. However, you didn't move. You couldn't move. You just stare at the cause of the explosion that injured many of your fellow classmates. You look at it closely, only to reveal a short and dark figure standing in front of you. When the dust cleared, you look up to see a familiar looking person. No, not a person. An animal. An animal standing on two feet , with bizarre white and red shoes, like a human. His arms are black and he wears white gloves with golden rings as bracelets. You look at his face and to your shock, you see black an red spikes behind his head, like a hedgehog. As the realization hits you, you recognize this human-like animal. 

Right in front of you is Shadow The Hedgehog. 

Your eyes widen even wider as his blood-red eyes stare deeply in yours. Your breath hitches and your heart beats faster than ever before.

"Maria..." You hear him mumble.

"M-M...Me...?" You point at yourself, shivering like as if it was winter. He growls lowly at your response.

He approaches you as you simply stay there, in complete shock. He takes out a shiny green emerald and puts it in front of him. The necklace that had a blue gemstone hanging from it starts glowing brightly and you can feel an incredible and warm energy inside your body. Shadow's eyes glares at your innocent E/C ones as he wraps his hand around your neck and push your head on the floor swiftly. His other hand rips your necklace away from your neck which causes pain strike through the back of your neck.

"The Chaos Emerald is mine." He says, darkly.

Suddenly, a flash of blue zips around the room and hits Shadow away from you. Your necklace falls from his hand and lands next to yours. You quickly grab it and hold it against your chest as it glows.

"Are you okay miss?" An all-too familiar voice asks you in concern. You look next to you to see another human-like hedgehog; but this one is blue and has emerald green eyes. "Are you hurt?" He asks again.

Your eyes begin to water and you hug the blue hedgehog who is none other than your hero; Sonic The Hedgehog. He hugs your back, rubbing his hand in circles on your back and whispering comforting words. The warmth that radiated from his body relieves you. Tears prickles down on your red cheeks. Due to the dust from the explosions, the debris of the broken pieces of your class and bruises that were covering your body; you were a complete shaking and scared mess. You hear a loud growl that came from the other side of the room. Your breath hitches again and you turn your head to see an angry Shadow gripping the gemstone you recognize as a green Chaos Emerald. You open your hand that help your necklace and look at the gemstone which has the same amount of light as the Chaos Emerald. Your eyes widen as you realize that you have the blue Chaos Emerald and Shadow is after it. Sonic places his hand on your shoulder and uses his finger to lift your chin up to make you look at his striking green eyes.

"That emerald you have means a lot to me and my friends." He says in a kind and soft tone. "Could you give it to me, please?" He asks you. 

Your hands shake in fear and you slowly put your hand out to him. "T-Take it...! Keep it...!" You manage to speak shakily. But before he could take it from you, you see everything flash by your eyes and your back hits the hard wall, making you cough up a bit of blood. You look in front of you to see Shadow's hand balled into a tight fist facing your direction. He just punched you. In anger, Sonic kicks Shadow away and throws multiple punches in his usual speed. As they both battles, you crawl to your necklace and take it. With the last strength you have left you yell:

"Sonic!!" 

And you throw the emerald to him. Everything seems to be going in slow-motion as Sonic pushes Shadow away and catches the emerald in his hands. The emerald glows brighter and Sonic spin dashes at Shadow, hitting him across the room and even further. He gets up and growls before a yellow flash surrounds him and he disappears. Sonic runs to your side and picks you up bridal style. You grow limp in his arms due to the lack of strength. You look up and him and weakly smile.

"You're here... I... I can't believe it..." You say it disbelief.

"You know who I am?" Sonic asks, concerned and curious at the same time. You slowly put your hand on his cheek as he looks at you.

"My hero... Please, make this world a better place for everyone." You say before closing your eyes and falling unconscious. 

"Count on it."