Chapter 5: Rei's Stay

Some days after the incident in the Academy, we see Tokei has healed up, and he and Shizuku are heading to talk to Kiriya.

-Kiriya: I've put some thought into this, and I've also talked about this to the other girls, and we'd like to ask Rei to join us, under your responsibility, you will take care of any outside disturbances, inside discrepancies, etc. After all, she has helped us a lot these past few days with the cleaning and stuff for us letting her stay here.
-Shizuku: Really? You mean it?
-Tokei: I'm fine with that.
-Kiriya: I guess we all agree, I shall go tell her right no-...
-Shizuku: No, please, let me tell her!
-Kiriya: Hm, as you wish.

After that, Shizuku leaves to tell Rei about her joining Hanzō, and she tells Tokei to go with her.
When they get to the room she was in, she is there, but the day was hot, so she had an open sweater on with no shirt beneath it nor did she have any pants on either.

Shizuku and Tokei blush and Rei turns around like it were nothing new and zips up her sweater

-Rei: Hey guys, what's up?
-Shizuku: U-Um...

The room stays quiet for a short time and Rei says:

-Rei: Oh jeez fine I'll put some pants on.

After Rei puts clothes on, they go back to talking while sitting in a sofa in Rei's room.

-Shizuku: Look, Rei, you've been very helpful to us since that time, and well the teacher did some thinking and well, he got you a spot here, in Hanzō.
-Rei: What?!
-Shizuku: Yeah, would you like to join Hanzō National Academy?
-Rei: (Surprised) U-uh... Y-yeah I would! I mean, to be honest I've been here so long I have really gotten used to this place, it's a step-up from where I was anyway...
-Shizuku: Where did you live before, though?
-Rei: I lived in a very dark place, away from humanity, all I ever did was kill, shoot and kill. I was trained since I was child to use a gun, because in that place they don't discriminate in age, sex, or race, it's just death. So in this dead or alive scenario looming over me at all times, I survived the only way I knew how to, killing. If they didn't care, I didn't either, but at night I could hear the silent screams of my victims, and the images flashed in my mind, but that came to be normal, it was amusing at points. Either way, this placed was nothing but darkness, for that is the reason it was called "The Dark Zone". I worked as a hitwoman to make money, and I never failed once, except with you guys, that was my final mission, I guess, I wouldn't be surprised if they came to kill me tonight.
-Shizuku: As long as you don't stab us in the back, we have your back.
-Tokei: Yeah, we do, maybe even the other girls, they've come to like you.
-Shizuku: You're practically part of the family now.
-Rei: (Bows) Thank you, for accepting me as I am and for forgiving me for what I did.
-Shizuku: (Pats Rei's head) It's okay, if you learned from your mistakes, we're good, now I'm gonna have to ask you to go over to Kiriya-sensei so he can fully let you in.
-Rei: Right, thanks a lot.