04 | Rant (MacaroniGalore)

Hi, guys! It's @MacaroniGalore again, bringing you another rant. There is a slight spoiler for the Hidden Oracle, so be warned.

So the theme for this month was "love is in the air" because, you know Valentine's Day and stuff. So normally when you think of love in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians and/or Heroes of Olympus series, you mostly think of Percy and Annabeth, or Jason and Piper, or Frank and Hazel, or Leo and Calypso, or Nico and Will or... ok, I think you get the point, but guys. There are so many ships, canon couples, and brotp's in both of the series that aren't really though about as much as the others or given enough credit. Think about couples like Travis and Katie, or Tyson and Ella, and brotp's like Travis and Connor Stoll or who weren't really mentioned in the books. Or some of the couples who died. Like Silena Beauregard and Charles Beckendorf. They had a lot going for them. And then they died, which was really sad and quite unfair, to be honest. I don't think these couples are really given much thought or credit in the fandom, which is sad and honestly unfair. Without them, the outcome of the wars would've been different if not catastrophic. I mean, they obviously deserve more credit. And let's not forget Sally and Paul. It might seem weird to see them as couple, but Sally really deserves to be happy. She endured so much suffering, like losing both her parents at a young age, having to quit her studies to take care of family member who didn't really care about her, then having to raise Percy all by herself. And let's not forget she had to be with Gabe Ugliano (aka Smelly Gabe) who was a lazy bum and didn't deserve her, just so Percy could be safe and hidden from monsters. That's pretty dam admirable.

Also, can we just take a moment to think about all those people who never really found or felt love? Reyna. She's also had a had a hard life, proving once again that "the best people have the rottenest luck." She and her sister were growing up with a father who was pretty much a lunatic, later having to resort to living on an island with a sorceress, then having their home destroyed, by Percy and Annabeth. Then, when she finally found a home in the Twelfth Legion, she started to like Jason, only to get rejected by him, and then later by Percy. She had a chat with Aphrodite about it where she told her she would never find live with a demigod and it changed her forever. It seems really unjust that she had to go through all that by herself.

Now let's talk about brotherly and sisterly love. There are so many brotp's in the fandom. We have Percy and Grover which is basically the original brotp. They've been friends since they were twelve and Grover was Percy's first actual friend and they went on quests a lot after that. Then there's Tyson and Percy, which is honestly one of the cutest brotps ever. And Tyson has had a pretty hard life so it's only fair that he found love with Ella the harpy and has found a home with the other cyclops under the sea. And then there's the most famous (in my opinion, at least) brotp: Jason and Percy. They're like twins and their personalities clash so well because they're so alike.

Also, can we just think about Frank, Hazel, and Percy. They bonded quite a bit in the Son of Neptune on their quest and they are one of the all-time best trios in the fandom. They learned to trust each other and they all saved each other's lives on more than one occasion.

And... ok you can't have a rant about love in the air without there being some Percabeth. And I know some people prefer other ships better like Jiper or Frazel or Solangelo, but this ship has been with us for years, far longer than any other ships. The best thing about their relationship? The were best friends before they were ever dating, which means they trust each other with their lives and know each other more than they know themselves.

And we have Jiper, which at first wasn't really liked by some of the fandom, which I understand; I didn't like them at first either, but think about it. Without fully knowing who she was or knowing who he was, Jason felt a strong urge to protect Piper and stand up for her against the people who were bullying her. And... yeah, maybe their relationship was founded on a trick of the Mist, but they learned to love each other and that's what counts.

Another ship that needs to be included: Solangelo. Now, some people might be against them, and that's ok, but seriously. They are so cute together. We don't know much about Will Solace and his past, but he seems like a good person and besides, Nico's been through a lot since finding out he was a demigod. I think it's only fair that after everything, Nico finally found somewhere where he belongs and someone who loves him.

So that wraps up this month's rant, brought to you by me, @MacaroniGalore. Thank you guys for reading and I hope you enjoy the rest of this month's magazine. See you next month!