3. I could tell that you were curious

October 15th 2014, London

I had been working on my music for two weeks now and I felt satisfied with how it was coming along. I had recorded five full songs and Patrick, my manager, was talking about releasing an EP. We had also started to plan interviews and publicity events I needed to go to. Everything had been hectic but I had been enjoying it so far.

Talking about publicity, that night I had to attend an annual party hosted by Syco and Patrick had told me to take the morning off and meet him at 4 pm. I didn't have to worry about a dress or makeup and hair because he told me someone would take care of those for me but, as I wandered around the flat, I couldn't help but wonder how I was going to look. I was nervous because I had to walk a red carpet for the first time, even though no one knew who I was, and because I pretty much didn't know anybody at the party.

As planned I met Pat in the early afternoon and I was greeted by a young beautiful woman with really light, almost white, hair. Her name was Lou Teasdale and she was going to style me for the night. I looked at her and knew instantly that I was in good hands.

"So they showed me some of your pictures and I was thinking you could wear these" she showed me a simple silk black dress and some black heels which I adored, it was completely my style, "if you don't like them I have other options too" she smiled.

"No, I love it" I squealed, "I was just thinking how amazing it looks honestly". As my words left my mouth her smile grew wider as she handed it to me. I tried it on and as we both expected, it fitted me perfectly. I was in love with it.

"Do you prefer a dark or a nude lip?" she suddenly asked.

"Definitely dark", she winked as she turned my chair towards her. From that moment she started putting products on my face. I wasn't the biggest expert when it came to makeup. Sure I knew how to apply the basics but I was never really interested in learning more. I was curious to see how I'd look with everything she was doing. When she finished my makeup she started styling my hair.

After a few hours we finished and when I looked in the mirror I couldn't quite recognize who I was looking at. I was shining. It didn't look like the girl that left my flat a few hours before. I was speechless. I didn't know what to do to, Lou had done an amazing job at making me look good so I just thanked her with a shy hug.
Pat entered the room and looked at me with satisfaction, "wow Lou you really are amazing at doing your job, we better keep you as long as possible" he said as we all giggled.

After chatting to them for a few minutes  and taking a few selfies, we left with a black Range Rover with a driver. Everything felt surreal already and I hadn't even arrived at the venue.

"Ok Jade, as soon as you step out paparazzi are going to take pictures of you, so try to look your best" he smiled, "also, some interviewers could possibly ask you why you're here and who you are, just tell them they will find out soon. Smile a lot, don't look like a bitch and be as polite as possible. Remember the first impression is the most important".

 Remember the first impression is the most important"