65. New Rules

November 22nd 2015, Los Angeles 

"Let's go over everything once more?" Pat asked me

"Pat, you're stressing me out, seriously" I sighed, "I know what to say, I know my routine, the lyrics... just stop"

"Why are you so calm?" he puffed at me, "it's a huge night for you" he shook his head, "don't underestimate it"

"I know that, bloody hell" I cursed, "I'm calm because I've rehearsed this so much that I could perform it even in my sleep" I said. Pat was overly nervous because it was two hours before the American Music Awards, aka the day of my comeback on the world stage.

"Okay then" he shrugged, "go on" he said to the makeup artist they had hired for me. I had requested Lou but she was too busy with the boys that night and I needed to be perfect for both the red carpet and my performance.

After hours of "pampering", I was finally ready. I was wearing a sheer, mixed-patterned black gown with a see-through top and I was absolutely in love with it, my makeup was simple and classy and I felt like a princess once again.

"You look wonderful" Pat smiled, "are you ready?" he asked and I nodded at him. We exited the room, hopped on the car that was already waiting for me and, as we were getting closer, I felt more and more nervous. As I was sitting in the passenger seat, I finally realized that from that night on, my life was going back to being as hectic as it was when I was on the road. I wondered if I was ready and didn't find the answer. Anyways, there wasn't much to do about it: I had to be ready because my album Uncover was being released at midnight and promo was starting the day after in London (yes, I had to go straight to the airport after the AMAs). I felt both very excited and very jittery about it. What if the people hated it?

"We're here, miss" the driver brought me back to reality as he opened the door for me. I heard screams and cameras clicking and felt like my heart was going to explode. Pat told me to hurry up so I exited the car. As I did, all eyes were on me. Everybody started yelling my name. Fans started asking for selfies and autographs. Photographers asked for me to look at them. It felt crazy.

After posing for a billion photos, I finally reached the calmer side of the red carpet: the interviews

After posing for a billion photos, I finally reached the calmer side of the red carpet: the interviews. I finally felt like I could breathe again as I waited for the first one. I looked around and felt a bit starstruck since I was obviously surrounded by musicians that I admired (I mean, who wouldn't feel starstruck in front of the gorgeous Ariana Grande?) but, as I was called by the first interviewer, I realized that I was one of them.

"Jade, welcome back!" he exclaimed, "I must admit I'm freaking out because I'm a huge fan of yours"

"Thank you so much!" I grinned

"So... I have to ask you: how are you?" he asked, as expected

"I'm good" I nodded, "as everybody knows, I took a bit of time off but I'm here, stronger than before, happy to be back and full of suprises" I said, as I had rehearsed