Saving Doc

"What's that up ahead?" I question as a bunch of large buildings come into view, along with some military vehicles.

"Looks like an old highschool." 10k answers.

"Those are military vehicles we should check them for ammo." I remind him of our desperate Ammunition situation.

"Ya." He says coolly.

We find ourselves surrounded by tall buildings of torture and vehicles that look like they could inflict a damage similar to that that this school once did to kids.

"Your the one that wants Ammo do badly, I'm gonna head to the roof and shoot stuff." 10k tells me once we find an entrance.

"Oh really and what are you planning on shooting them with, your wit?" I say, he really shouldn't waste annoying like that.

"Fine but the seconds we find something I'm shooting shit."

We work through the vehicles first and find some food, water and... Guns. But no ammo in them.

"Maybe there's some ammo on the roof." 10k says trying to get us up to the roof.

"10 minutes." I look him in the eye at I say it, we should look not mess around shooting stuff on the roof. He transfers to his slingshot after checking ammo, it's desperate.

"Whoo." 10k cries out at the small victory. Hitting something 500 yards away.

The victory is short lived as we here a struggle between a Z and what sounds like people on the other side of the building.

We both jump up and run over keeping our heads low to remain unseen.

There's an old man being attacked by a Z a red head girl and a brunette guy with him trying to help but to no avail. 10 pulls out his sniper rifle and aims it up.

Perfect shot through the head of the Z, the people look our way but we are already running away, thy don't get a good look. "1367." He says triumphantly.

"Nice shot 10k." I say, "This place is empty any way, and I don't wanna run into those guys again, wanna head out of here?" I ask hopefully.

"Lets go." We climb through the hatch in the roof and make out get away from the school. We don't make it far before they came riding up next to us. The group from earlier they had more people than we thought and with 2 cars they're lucky.

"Hey," the old man says pulling up next to us. "One of you is that sharp shooter that saved my ass aren't you." 10k gives a curt nod "Well look man I really owe you one, you kids wanna ride."

10k doesn't say anything doesn't consult me, he just jumps in the back of the truck, I sigh before joining him there. And we drive out.

"How do you know we can trust these people?" I question as we sit down in the truck bed.

"I don't."