Roomies

A/N
Really long chapter ahead, just so you know.

"Look Garnett a house, probably has beds and food and clothes." Warren says from the front seat, trying, like the rest of us to get Garnett to stop the car and let us all get some rest. We are in he middle of no where mountains and all we really want is a few nights rest.

"Fine, but only because I'm tired of your complaining." He mutters making a sharp turn into the drive way.

We found this place completely by accident, I'm not really sure what state we are in might me New York, could be New Jersey, either way this place looks safe and it's pretty out of the way of things. We took a back road a few miles back to keep away from a horde that our friend on the radio, Citizen Z, told us was coming. I guess he is the person that is telling us to take the Dick to California, his blood has a vaccine for the zombie virus.

"Let me and Warren go in first, make sure it's clean inside before you lot come barreling in." Garnett tells us as he stops the truck.

"But we could help." Mack says through our window.

"I don't care. Warren lets go!" He says sassily to Mack before barking the order at Warren.

10 minutes later, after we all got out of/ off of the truck to stretch out legs, they come back outside.

"Alright here's the deal," Warren starts, "Garnett and I are going to share the Master bed room, their is a room down stairs with a Queen bed, we figured Addie and Mack could share that one. And two roomed up stairs, one with a bunk bed for Doc and Murphy and anther with a full bed, Lily, 10k you are in that one. And that leaves Cassandra, there's a couch bed in the living room, sound good?" She asks as she finishes her little room arrangement speech.

"Perfect lets go." Garnett says and  before anyone else gets a say in it he whisks her away into the house.

"There's food in the pantry," she calls, "AND DON'T GO INTO THE UPSTAIRS BATHROOM." She has to shout the last bit for us to hear.

"Hey roomie." 10k says side stepping closer to me, like oddly close.

"Come on Dork, I heard the words good in pantry." I say pulling him inside much like how Garnett did to Warren.

We both have a kid in a candy store look on our faces as we reach the pantry, canned food, me best friend. As someone who almost always makes sure everyone else eats enough before she has even a bite seeing this much food makes my long empty stomach growl.

"Where's the last time you ate?" 10k asks as we both reach for cans of soup.

"Well we met these guys three days ago, before that was the hotel, before that was the apartment building, the movie theatre, that was the last time I ate." I say glumly knowing how he is going to react to my not eating in a week and a half.

"What the Hell?!? Lily! God. I wonder your so tiny you never eat, AND WE had food at the apartments!" He says not really angrily more like why didn't you eat.

"Ya but it wasn't much and you need your strength more than me, you are after all the muscles of this oppression." I say half trying to change the subject.

"And what are you? To the operation I mean." He asks.

"The looks, what else?" I flip my pony tale bound brown hair and laugh.