Chapter 4

Everytime I try to fly,
I fall without my wings.
- Britney Spears
---------

"And why would I help Caroline out of some freaking mess that she got herself into?" A girl with long brown straight hair asked out loudly. Her right hand rested on her swollen belly, as she drank mango juice that Elena had offered, as soon as she walked through the door. "I don't even know her. Personally."

Everyone looked at her and at each other with nervousness.

"Before she starts with her bitchy attitude, may I ask who that is?" Damon asked.

"She's the girl, Tyler slept with - eight months ago," Stefan informed. He pressed his lips together and raised both his eyebrows.

Damon had no idea what to say. He just stared at Stefan with a confused frown and finally managed to say, "What!?"

"We'll torture Tyler later. Once we get Caroline back." Bonnie tried to convince him.

"Caroline knows?" Damon gestured.

"Yeah, Damon. Now can we focus on the bitchy attitude girl? She needs to agree to this." Stefan tried.

"She is right here," she pointed at herself.

"Hayley, right?" Katherine asked moving towards her. "As I can see, you're pretty knocked up when you have no family to support you. Sucks." Katherine said giving her a once-over. "Whose gonna help you raise a baby?"

Hayley blankly looked at Katherine, lowering her glass of juice on the side table.

"Tyler?" Katherine sneered. "A daddy? I don't think so. Besides, he doesn't want anything to do with you or the bun in your oven so my money won't be on that door for financial support."

"She doesn't want to keep the baby, Katherine." Elena muttered.

"Actually, I do." Hayley looked straight into Elena's eyes.

"Last time we talked you were ready to get an abortion."

"Last time we talked, you weren't very nice." Hayley smirked. There was something spoilt about her.

"I'm sure you can understand why," Elena snapped. She remembered yesterday morning, receiving a call from Tyler who sounded troubled and anxious. When she went to the Grill to meet up with Tyler, he wasn't alone. Hayley was there too. At first, the thought of such degradation from Tyler hadn't even crossed her mind, but all was understood when Tyler confessed to his wrongdoing. Elena was furious and almost yelled at both of them in front of everyone, but she managed to control it, despite the resentment she carried. Tyler was concerned about Caroline's absence, as he thought it had something to do with him deceiving her. However, Elena explained to him that she has been kidnapped and it was nothing to do with Tyler. Hayley had interrupted and asked help from Elena, to help her search for her family, with the help of Damon Salvatore and Matthew Donovan since she found out that the Lebonnairs last resided in Mystic Falls and suddenly disappeared without a trace. According to her, the Mystic Falls Police department wouldn't help her and Hayley knew something was wrong so she needed help from an insider who could look things up. Clearly, Hayley had underestimated the level to which the Mystic Falls can deceive.

Elena had then warned both of them to never ask for any favour from her, Hayley broke it up to Elena that she was only going to get rid of the baby - she cannot keep it. Once she gets help from Damon and Matt, she would be gone from their lives and so will the baby. And Elena had barked, through her clenched teeth, "You're no different than your family that abandoned you. If anything, you're worse." She stormed out the Grill before Tyler could ask more about Caroline.