Chapter 14

Atlanta City
15th April 2000
1:03 PM

Mikael looked down with disgust at the little boy, who couldn't be older than 12, laying down on the floor as they both groaned with every whip he struck at the boy's way.

Finn's car pulled aside the house. As soon as he heard his little brother's screams, he ran as soon as he could, without caring to lock the door.

"Father!" Finn screamed comming to his way with bloodshot eyes. "Stop it! Stop hurting him!" He pushed Mikael so hard, he landed on the side table, crashing with it on to the floor. Finn quickly pulled Klaus up, running a hand on his curly hair, looking at his scars with teary eyes when Mikael attacked both of them.

"Do not interfere me boy!" He screamed pulling Klaud away from Finn's hand and pushed Finn down to the floor. "He's not my son! And everytime i look at this bastard, all I see is an abomonation! Esther - your mother's indescretion with the pathetic dog breeder! Now I know why I loathed you since the moment I saw you!" His screamed echoed through the house, finally waking up the rest of the siblings from their naps. All three siblings got out of their rooms with a worried look on their face.

"Father's beating Nik again, isn't he?" Rebekah asked looking up at Elijah.

"Father says he's not our brother anymore, Elijah," Kol said. "But whatever he says, Nik's more of a brother to me than he's my father,"

"Kol, take your sister inside," Elijah muttered heading downstairs. "Check up on Henrik. And do not come down,"

It was the week after, Mikael found out about Klaus. He had heard Esther talking to some man ovee the phone about getting away together and the conversation soon reached to Klaus. And ever since then, Mikael has been even more violent to Klaus than before.

And the second day without Esther. He had never imagined a day without her and the truth was, her absence hurt his soul. His ego, pride of not being Esther's choice, all of his emotions condensed to rage which he took out on Klaus, merciless, countless times.

While taking the beating, Klaus wondered, why Esther left. Why she never took a second glance at her own children before fleeing with his biological father. Had she thought Mikael would finally become a safe haven for him an the siblings? Had he not witnessed all his abuse on Klaus to know that it wasn't merely possible? She had abandoned him along with his siblings and there was no escape anymore from Mikael's ruthlessness.

At one point, before Elijah stepped in, Klaus was sure Mikael was not going to stop the beating until he was dead. And he knew, Mikael could kill.

He had head about the rumors of the Lebonnairs, which Klaus knew weren't rumors. Craig Lebbonair. He had made eyes at Esther for a long time, until one fine evening he, approached Esther who returned his feelings and Mikael had overheard it. Because Mikael, is always there, where Esther is.

And Craig paid the price. He along with his wife, and everyone else in that family were slaughtered the very next day.

There were some disturbing details to what he did with the bodies, that Klaus heard from the neighbors. Mikael was a suspect, he had cleaned the crime scene. It never led back to him.

As Elijah headed down, he heard grunts and screams and furnitures breaking down.
"Father!" He held Mikael's hand as he was almost about to smash an empty bottle into Klaus's head. "Don't!"

"Get away," Mikael growled. "Now, boy!"
Elijah managed to grab the bottle off from his father's strong hands. Finn made his way to stop Mikael from throwing Klaus off to the wall when a little girl's voice stunned everyone.