CHAPTER FOUR

LAUREN POV

Since, it wasn't that late when we got back inside, we all took turns taking showers and watching Spencer. Since I was going to be the one giving Spencer a bath, they let me go first. I took a quick one and put on my boxers, a pair of black sweats, a bra, and a plain white short sleeve t-shirt.

   I got downstairs to see Mani and Ally taking turns rolling a ball across the floor to Spencer who was laying on her stomach.

   "Hey little one, how about you let Mama and mommy take their showers while you take yours?" I cooed while picking her up.

   She sighed but nodded nonetheless. I tickled her tummy while walking up the stairs and going into her nursery to get her a towel for after her shower. I undressed her and put her bathing suit in the laundry and her diaper in the trash. I then started the water and added some bubbles and bath toys for her. I turned around to find her sitting where I left her and sucking on her fingers. She's such a cutie.

   I put her in the bath and let her play while I washed her. I didn't know how hard it would be to give her a bath. It wasn't that she was misbehaving, it was more along the lines of trying not to get hard.

   Eventually I managed to finish bathing her and only walking away with a semi which is better than I was expecting. I towel dried her then wrapped her up in the towel and carried her to her nursery then placed her on her changing table. I put on her diaper then went to find a onesie to put her in.

 I put on her diaper then went to find a onesie to put her in

     I came back and put the onesie on her and snapped the buttons by her crotch and stuck a pacifier in her mouth

   I came back and put the onesie on her and snapped the buttons by her crotch and stuck a pacifier in her mouth. I carried her downstairs and went into the kitchen where Ally had already started on dinner. It looked like we were having mashed potatoes, grilled chicken, and steamed vegetables tonight. I put Spencer in her high chair and helped Ally by setting the table.

   Ally started putting the food on the table and yelled for the others as I was finishing up putting down the silverware. Ally pulled Spencer's high chair between her and Normani so she can feed her.

   By the end of dinner, Ally and Mani managed to keep the food off of Spencer and avoid needing another bath. After everything was cleaned up, we went upstairs for bed. We all kissed Spencer goodnight and left Ally to give her her milk.

ALLY POV

   I settled down in the rocking chair in the corner with Spencer cradled in my arms. I took off my shirt and unhooked my bra then let Spencer latch on. After a few minutes, I switched her to the other side and let her continue.

   I looked down a few minutes later and saw her asleep against my chest. I carefully put my bra back on and pulled on my shirt so I wouldn't wake her. I lowered her crib bars and put her in then kissed her lips.

   "Goodnight baby, sweet dreams. Mama loves you very much, just like your other mamas"

   I stroked her hair out of her face and gave her one last kiss before turning on the superman nightlight, covering her with a blanket and leaving the room with the door open a crack. I turned on the baby monitor and put in on the bedside table while I settled in for bed. As I fell asleep, I heard the faint sound of moaning. Probably Lauren, I saw her after Spencer's bath and her reaction was very obvious.

   I put in my earbuds to drown out the noise and took them out about an hour later so I can hear the baby monitor.

   I woke up early the next morning to coughing and whimpering coming from the baby monitor. I made my way to Spencer's nursery to find her laying on her side and cuddling one of her stuffies and baby blanket while shivering and covered in sweat while trying not to cough.

 I made my way to Spencer's nursery to find her laying on her side and cuddling one of her stuffies and baby blanket while shivering and covered in sweat while trying not to cough

   Awww, my poor baby is sick

   Awww, my poor baby is sick. She looked up when she heard the door open and my footsteps.

   "Mama... feels icky" she tells me while looking up at me with tired eyes.

   "My poor baby, you're burning up" I said after I felt her forehead.

   I picked her up carefully and brought her to the bathroom. I pulled the thermometer out of the cabinet and held it in front of her.

   "Baby, mama needs to put this inside you so she can see how sick you are, ok"

   I pulled her over my knee and pulled her diaper on while she cried. I wiped her tears away while kissing her head and mumbling sweet words to her to calm her down.

   After she calmed down a little I pushed it into her little bum and held it there which only made her start crying again. I hate seeing her this miserable it makes me sad. I can feel my own eyes welling up with tears.

   I guess her crying woke up the others since they appeared at the bathroom faces while looking concerned and confused. They must have put the pieces together since their faces went from confused to sympathetic in two seconds. They crowded around Spencer to try to calm her down and distract her from the thermometer.

   A few seconds later it beeped and I pulled it out as Normani took Spencer into her embrace and started to rock her back and forth. I looked down at the thermometer and it read 104.3. I showed the others to let them know and they got different things ready.

   Camila went downstairs with Dinah to their room to set up blankets and such for a movie marathon, Lauren is staying in here with Normani to give her a cold bath to get her temperature to go down, and I went downstairs to get breakfast started and make Spencer some soup.

   As I went downstairs, I was still able to hear her coughing from the bathroom which made me frown. My poor, little baby doesn't deserve this.