CHAPTER FIVE

(A/N) I'm thinking of bringing Alycia Debnam-Carey into this story somehow. Let me know what you think and if you approve how I should include her in the comments or by private messaging me.

P.S. Sorry if this chapter isn't the best, it is currently 11:43 PM where I am and I'm usually asleep by 10 or so but I felt bad for not updating in a while

NORMANI POV

   It took a while but we finally managed to get Spencer into the Lukewarm bath. It wasn't ice cold but it wasn't warm either. I'm pretty sure we were all holding back tears just watching our poor baby. She sounds like she's in so much pain right now and I hate it.

   We bathed her as fast as possible then took her out and put her in a warm onesie then gave her a pacifier.

   Lauren made her way downstairs while I followed behind her with Spencer on my hip

   Lauren made her way downstairs while I followed behind her with Spencer on my hip. We went into the kitchen where everyone was sitting for breakfast and waiting. I put Spencer down in her high chair which immediately caused her to start whining and reaching out for me. I tried to calm her down by stroking her hair out of her face and cooing softly.

   "Shhh, baby, shhhh, you're ok, you're ok, you just need to eat a little something and then you can get all the cuddles you want" I spoke softly.

   She seemed to calm down slightly but was still a bit on edge. Realizing today's date, I also realized we would be going home within the next two days. It made me wonder how things would be when we left. Would Spencer still go along with this? Would she even come back to LA with us? What if she wants to go back to Ireland instead? I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have her. That would be taking away the greatest thing in my life, the one thing I've waited almost 11 years for. And now that I know how living my dream feels like, I don't want to let go.

I was so absorbed in my thoughts that I didn't notice us all finishing our food already. I helped Camila wash the dishes while Ally pulled our baby from her high chair and took her into the den room where Dinah and Lauren were setting up the movie and blankets.

Getting to Spencer's plate, almost everything was left on it. She seemed to have given up on the soup and tried finishing the dry cheerios and gotten through a few pieces of fruit before giving up all together. At least she tried for us. Hopefully she'll be better tomorrow.

I went inside where the others were with Camila after we finished the dishes and we each gave Spencer a soft loving peck on her forehead before moving past and taking a seat in an empty spot. Dinah pressed play and the opening credits for Monsters inc. started playing. We all know this is one of her favorite movies in or out of headspace. Spencer is our Boo and we're her Sullys, if this doesn't cheer her up then I don't know what will.

Twenty minutes into the movie and Spencer was out cold drooling on Ally's shirt. We let her sleep knowing she probably didn't get much last night in her condition and tomorrow we would have to start packing to go back home.

Throughout the day she would be in and out of consciousness and only waking her up to get something in her belly or change her diaper. Needless to say, our coddling really paid off as her fever had dropped drastically since this morning. We also decided to let her sleep with us in the guest room since I think she can use all the coddling she can get. It's obviously working so why stop.

   The next morning we all, excluding Spencer, woke up to start packing. I moved her to the middle of the bed and Camila gave her her stuffie and blanket then surrounded her in pillows to keep her from rolling off the bed by accident. An hour and a half later, Spencer woke up in a considerably better state than yesterday. She was still a bit warm and still didn't have her voice back yet but she was still better than yesterday. We found her temperature to be a 95.2 which is only a few degrees above a normal healthy temperature.

   We had managed to get all our stuff packed and do laundry and finish by around 3:30 in the afternoon. We spent the rest of the day down by the water. We stayed in the water for awhile (even though it took quite a bit of convincing and an almost heart clenching puppy dog face from Spencer to get Ally to let her in the water), sat on our towels, played in the sand, and when it got dark out, we made s'mores over a fire we made. By the time we made it back inside, it was around 11:00 and Spencer had been out for quite awhile now.

   We tucked Spencer in her crib and kissed her goodnight before getting into our own beds. Our flight wasn't that early, around 12:00 in the afternoon so we didn't have to worry about getting up too early and if anything we can sleep on the plane. I fell asleep within a few minutes to the slow rhythmic breaths of Spencer through the baby monitor I had placed on my nightstand.