smiles / byler

title;Smiles {Byler}
words;1,014
warnings;a lot of fluff and smiling
~
(Pretend El never disappeared)

Mike's POV

It has been a month since Will Byers has returned from the Upside Down.For some reason I have been thinking about Will lately, but not in a way you would expect.I have this feeling every time I look at him that I love him.I don't.I love El.And only El.

I invited Lucas,Dustin and Will to come play some Dungeons and Dragons tonight.El will be there but she won't be playing with us.

I hear a knock on the door, I open it and see Lucas.I needed to tell someone about my strange feelings for Will, so I figured I could tell Lucas.I do trust him a lot, I just hope nothing goes wrong.

"Hey Mike," Lucas says.I sigh and speak,"Hey can I talk to you?Alone?"Lucas raises his eyebrows but then shrugs."Okay."He said."Be right back,stay here!"I tell him.He nods and I run downstairs to the basement."El?"I say.She is fiddling with her fingers and looks up at me for a response."I'm going to talk to Lucas, so just stay here.I will be in my bedroom,okay?"I say.She looks at me for a few seconds and nods.

I run back upstairs and grab Lucas' arm and pull him upstairs into my bedroom.I take a deep breath and began to speak,"So..this might sound completely weird and crazy and I don't know if you would be my friend anymore...but..I have strange feelings for Will."He gasps,"Strange feelings?What kind of feelings?"I look at my fingers and look up at Lucas,"Like the feelings I had for El.."He gets up and walks back and forth in my room.He looks at me dead serious and then speaks,"You're gay for Will?"

I nod in response."You're going to have to tell him tonight,"Lucas says.I stare at my bed."I guess so,"I said.Lucas smiles and then gives me a friendly hug,"Good luck."He says.I smile back at him and get up from my bed.He follows me back downstairs.

I hear a knock on the door and see Dustin and Will.They both smile, and I smile back, staring at Will.He is so adorable."Ready to play some D&D?"Dustin asks.I nod and we all go downstairs.

I see El look up and she smiles at everyone."Hi!"She says happily.Everyone smiles and waves at her.We get in our usual spots and I pull up a chair for El to sit on.

I was staring at Will the whole time.It felt incredibly awkward in the room.Lucas nudged me.I whisper,"What?"He rolls his eyes and then says,"Tell him,"I smile a fake smile.I nod my head in response."Good"He says.

"Good what?"Will says.I turn to him and blush."I..uh..I have tell everyone something..especially Will."I say shyly.Lucas smiles,Will looks at me confused,and Dustin and El stare at me.

I sigh and begin to speak,"I love Will.I guess I'm.. gay."I shut my eyes close and cover my ears.I don't wanna see or hear anyone's reactions and Will rejecting me and breaking El's heart.

I feel a hand touch my shoulder and I open my eyes and put down my hands from my ears.I see El's hand on my shoulder with a slight smile.I smile back."I understand,"El says.She is okay?I didn't break her heart?

"I love you too, Mike,"I hear a voice in front of me say.I realize that voice is Will.I turn to face him.I look at him.Oh how beautiful he is."You do?"I ask.He smiles slightly and replies,"Yes,"

I turn back to El.She is now just my friend."Are you okay with this?"I ask her.She nods and I smile.I pull her into a hug and she hugs back.

"A friend is someone who you would do anything for,"El says.Thats the longest sentence I've heard her say!I grin and look at a shocked Dustin.

"Uh..Dustin?"I say.He snaps out of..whatever he was doing and faces me."Huh?"He says.I hear everyone laugh and Dustin goes,"What'd I doo?"(ST references be like)I turn to face Will.I see him smile back at me.

For the rest of the night it was pretty normal.It was now 8:30 P.M. and Lucas and Dustin left.I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked at El."I'll be in your room,"She says and I nod.I guess she is leaving me some alone time with Will.She walks upstairs and she disappears.

I walk toward Will seeing him struggling to put on his backpack.I giggle and help him get it on.He blushes at me and I blush a bright red as well."So...are we dating or something?"He asks me.I don't even have to think about answering that question.I immediately answer,"Yes,"He blushes and smiles.He rubs his hand against his arm looking down at the ground,"Okay."

I giggle and I kiss him.His eyes widen after we kiss."Okay..."He says, once again.I just laugh at his words and hug him.I hear a noise and look up, I see El smiling.She gives me a thumbs up and sits down on the floor next to her fort.

I smile and think that I have a perfect life.Two best friends who support me,A beautiful boyfriend, and one friend who I would never forget, even If I might have broken her heart.

I peck Will's cheek and he giggles.I kept smiling and grinning the whole time.

(A/N:That took most of my day to write this whole story thing but it's actually longer than my others and I absolutely love this story.It has Mileven as a friendship and Byler as a relationship.I am very proud of this.AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MORE THAN 100 READS ON THIS BOOK!I love you guys too much.)