005 - Hard Run

4/7/2004

L and Light had gone together to visit Soichiro Yagami in the hospital. You still had the wiretaps through L's phone to listen to the conversation, so you couldn't help but listen in. After the four people in the room (Sachiko, Soichiro, Light, and L) had discussed the possible reasons for Soichiro's heart attack, Mrs. Yagami left. The three remaining men went back and forth on how appropriate it was to discuss Light being suspected of Kira in front of Mr. Yagami, causing Light to retaliate. Ha, possible-Kira doesn't want Daddy to know the trouble he's in. You thought. L through in a trump card, stating how the computers of the Japanese Task Force were not very secure, and that not one Japanese investigator had been killed. Noticing the hesitation in Light's reactions, you smirked.

Watari walked into the room, stating that you were needed for observation on the Kira Task Force. Following your father figure out of your bedroom, you hoped L would inform you of the meeting. L had Soichiro confirm with Light that he's L. It's a dangerous step, but it will help our investigation. "Watari, could I actually speak to you for a moment?"

"Of course. Shall we go to one of the more private rooms?" Watari had the slightest suspicion on what you were going to ask.

"Mmhm."

Walking down the stairs to a underground part in the hotel, you pondered over your thoughts. I know how L acts, but for now, he's acting out a little too much. Once the two of you arrived in the conference room, you began spilling your thoughts. "Wammy, L is just...acting out too much. He's making some very risky moves, and I'm not sure how long it'll be before Kira catches him. Light Yagami is most definitely Kira, so L is just trying to pry it out of him," You looked away, trying not to cry. "This Light kid, he's pretty smart, isn't he? What's the world going to do when L's gone? Near and Mello together can definitely handle it, but you and I can't. He's my husband, and you're basically his father."

"L will not die. If there is a high chance of him dying, he will surely get the evidence before young Yagami can execute him." Watari hugged you. "It will be okay."

"Thanks, Wammy. All of the stress just fell onto me when Soichiro had the heart attack, you know?"

He nodded. The two of you went back to the investigation headquarters, an idea popping in your head.

***********************************************************************************************4/9/2004

You drove to To-Oh University as quickly as you could. Wearing a yellow crop-top and torn jeans, you laughed as you approached the main office. Blowing a huge bubble with your chewing gum, the gum stuck to corners of your face. Professional honour students gazed in disbelief as they saw you walk across the exquisite campus of To-Oh University looking like the average American girl at the time. Walking into the main office, your earrings bounced up and down, creating a ditzy sort of style to your character.

The woman at the front office had her eyes looking as though they were going to pop out of her head when you walked in. "Hey! I'm a transfer student from, like, Princeton University in the states, and my credits should've arrived in the mail yesterday. Where do I start my classes, lady?" You popped your huge wad of bubble gum in the woman's face, not bothering to apologise for your rudeness.

"What's your name? And stop blowing that gum in my face, it's disgusting." Glancing down at your attire, she added, "You need to wear formal wear at this school. The top students from around the world are here, not the top whores." She faced her computer.

You laughed. "I do a lot of both. The name's Jessica Baldwin. I'm from Minnesota, and I want to part-ay!!!"

A piece of paper wipped out of the copying machine, the woman looking very irked. "Here. Your first class starts in five minutes." She rolled her eyes at your ignorance. "Need directions?"