009 - Step

5/26/2004

The Second Kira had been very active during May. Due to you, being caught up on L's personal notes, you were very aware of what had happened. L thought that Kira #1 and Kira #2 would meet up soon. From a chip L wore, you could hear conversations between him and the Task Force at all hours. It was impossible to record these conversations on, which was the goal. You stayed a hotel away, waiting for the perfect moment to strike back in on the Task Force.

Kira #2 is so...different from the first. The first did very little to reveal himself, while this one is simply careless. The prints on the tapes, hair, makeup...How idiotic can one be? The tapes seem to be revealing as well. I can't exactly place the character of the Second Kira. I'll agree with L's character choice, a female. The prints are small enough to be a child's, or woman's. Kira won't work with the police, but this journal...seems like a compromise. 'I'll be here eventually. Find me, and you win.'        

Gah! You absolutely hated not being in direct contact with the Task Force. Your thoughts of resentment were interrupted with a knock at the door. At the same time, you received a text from L. "It's me." Read the text.

You let him in. This was the first time you had been alone with him for so long. "Is everything with us...resolved?" You asked.

To your surprise, L laid a big kiss on your cheeks. "Does that answer your question?"

You nodded. "Wanna..?"

"Yes."

*****

The two of you were next to each other in the hotel bed. Smiling at your husband, he smiled back. "My stress level has been reduced to 30%."

"That's still a lot." You twirled his hair. "I know you exaggerate, but I'm glad to be back with you."

"The little serenity I have. ___, this may be one of the last times we're alone for a very long time. We're getting closer to KIra - both of them. They're definitely going to make contact soon. I'll send out a message tomorrow pleading the Second Kira to work for the police. I highly doubt that he will, but - " L was silenced by your finger on his lips.

Smiling seductively, you whispered, "Greatest Detective of the Century, I'll gladly work with you. You've just gotta...work with me."

L licked your finger. "Make me."

Grabbing the detective, you pulled him in for yet another kiss. He was very playful, biting your lip during the kiss. Your hands were around him, his around yours.

It was repeated once again.

*****

"I've decided to reveal you to Light Yagami within the next week." L was pulling his pants up, 'tidying' up before heading back to the Task Force.

"I go with the plan, right?"

He nodded. "You're a criminal. I arrested you for operating a drug ring around Australia. The only reason you're allowed to work for me is because you were once an accomplice of Watari's."

"I'm supposed to be nineteen..." You smiled, kissing your detective husband once more. "How about I'm basically a combination of Aiber and Wedy - cat thief and a con artist!"

"That...No. Light needs to develop feelings for you. You graduated from Oxford last year." L laughed.

"At nineteen?!"

"At nineteen."

Shaking your head, you laughed. "Yagami's totally gonna believe me!"

"Light could've graduated Daikoku early, but he chose to stay with his class. So the two of you are technically students of the same mindset." L replied.