Zane x Gene Ch.8

((Warning. Movie spoilers ahead for Rings))
"What took you so long Rose?" Gene lifted his head as he saw the gothic freshman lazily running to him. Poor thing looked absolutely exhausted...Zane's face was beat red and he was sweating, hunched over and panting for his breath. Gene chuckled and crossed his arms.
"Were we a little too fast for you?"
"N-No! I-I...ahh..hah I'm good! J-Just...a little hot..!"
"A little..?" Sasha tilted her head with a concerned expression, adjusting the flower pot in her arms. Zane shook his head, determined to keep a calm cool composure in front of the three Shadow Knights.
"N-Nope I'm good...!" Gene cocked an eyebrow and smirked, but sighed. He reached over and playfully messed Zane's black up as the other attempted to take a puff from his inhaler.
"Catch your breath..we've already decided on a place to eat." Zane panted a bit and lifted his charcoal colored head, adjusting his mask from pulling it down to breathe.
"Where?"
"Well where do you think dipshit?" Zenix gave a nasty smirk, his arms tightly around his own chest as he leaned against some random car. That's when Zane noticed where exactly they had stopped running...they were in a parking lot. The gothic freshman's eye scanned the area, searching for the possible restaurant.
"Uh...which one?" Zane blinked as the four began to chuckle at him, even Dante seemed amused.
"Turn around." Sasha mumbled, motioning to the area behind him. Zane blushed a bit out of embarrassment and turned his body to face...a huge fancy looking restaurant.
"Huh? Oh I've been here before." Zane smiled a bit under his mask, reaching up and tugging his turtle neck up a bit as he looked back at them.
"My mother has taken my brothers and I here before a couple times."
"Really? Funny...I've never been here before."
"Neither have I..." Sasha and Zenix looked to each other, each wearing disappointed expressions. Gene however chuckled and crossed his broad arms.
"Well, not all of our families are as rich as yours Zane. I mean I've been here before, but it was for my birthday. My mother's a total vegan and grease-a-phobe..so you wouldn't catch her in a restaurant very often." Gene said with a shrug, but began to walk towards the front entrance.
"Anyways, to celebrate getting a new member of the Shadow Knights, we decided we would, put our money together and go somewhere fancy." Zane faltered, a nervous grin on his face.
"G-Gene...its Texas Roadhouse.."
"Is that a problem? Or should we go somewhere more fancier to your tastes?" Gene asked, a bit of an annoyed look on his face. The junior calmed a bit however as he saw how flustered the freshman was getting.
"Th-That's not what I meant! I-I mean...you said it was somewhere fancy." Zane laughed a bit.
"It's not fancy. But it's a really cool restaurant. You know what I mean..? If anything actually...I'd rather go here than somewhere all up tight and bright." Zane looked away, nervously tugging at a strand of his black charcoal hair as the smile disappeared from his face. Gene stayed quiet for a moment, before smirking and playfully smacking the back of the freshman's head.
"Heh...I know. I was teasin ya." He chuckled deeply, but a deep growl rumbled through the air. All eyes, suddenly turned to Zenix. The spike haired sophomore had been leaning against a car, balancing on one leg as the other was pressed up against the car door. He was hunched over, his hood up to cover up his slowly rising 'quills' from being stared at. The eyes stayed on him...before his cheeks slowly began to glow red and his spikes flared up.
"Wh-What!?"
"Was that you?" Gene asked with a smirk.
"No!" Another grumble. Clearly Zenix's stomach was empty, so it had started to growl hungrily. Zenix huffed and hid his face with his hood to hide his embarrassed blush. Gene laughed and shook his head, stuffing his hands into his jean pockets.
"Alright you guys, let's head in and eat before Zenix makes a meal out of my Rose."
"Wait what!?" Zane by now, had gotten used to be called a rose. However he wasn't used to being referred as to 'GENE'S Rose'. The goth gulped a bit and nervously tugged at his turtle neck as they all walked into the country styled restaurant. Sure they hated anything that had to do with country...but the food was really good. The four shadow Knights and Gene's little brother followed a waiter to a long circular booth in the corner of the room, with Zane of course being smooshed between Gene and Zenix. However, Sasha had sat on Gene's other side so that he could keep an eye on the potted rose...so that made Dante sat on Zenix's other side. Once the blue haired sophomore sat down, he turned to Zenix and gave that...stupid annoying..adorable grin.
"Hey!" Zenix this time didn't bother to answer, simply giving him a pissy growl and hiding his face in the menu. Zane watched the spike haired sophomore curiously, tilting his head at his Tsundereish attitude. Soon, Zenix noticed and met Zane's eyes, a bit of an annoyed look on his face.
"What?" He seemed a bit more calmer with the freshman...thankfully. However, Zane watched curiously as the spikes on Zenix's head slowly rose and fell as he breathed...like a puffer fish. The curious little freshman watched his quills, not hearing the Crimson eyed sophomore at first. Zenix however was calm, his spikes still pulsing a bit and slowly rising and falling with each breath. Though suddenly, he smirked, the spikes puffing up like a porcupine, spooking the goth into jumping.
"How do you...? How do you do that?" Zane asked, still watching the spikes. Zenix blinked, before looking down to his menu with a calm expression.
"Not like it's hard." Zenix suddenly reached over to the goth, his hand sliding behind his back.
"It all has to do with nerve build up or somethin...I guess since I have a bit of a nervous tick or...I don't remember what she called it. I just know I can't stay still for too long, apparently my nerves are always on end." Zane then noticed what he was talking about...he probably went to a doctor for this before..
"But, my hair is all based on how my nerves are. And well, since the nerves on my head are especially sensitive and always on end, they always make my hair react to my emotions. Hence if I'm pissed off, they stand up. If I'm calm, like now for example...they angle back. You can do it too." Zane gasped and stiffened. Zenix had set his nail right on the end of Zane's spine, right on what seemed like a nerve. It didn't hurt, it just sent an odd shock through his body. Zenix smirked and lifted his hand.
"See?" Zane turned to the other, and reached back, gliding his hand along the back of his neck and head...wow...his hair was all pointy and the hair on the back of his neck was standing up. Zenix rolled his eyes with a smirk and went back to his menu. The goth turned to him with wide curious eyes.
"How did you...know how to touch there?"
"Sitting in a Neurologist's office for a few hours teaches you some things." He replied mindlessly, scanning the menu for his order.
------------(After Diner)-------------
"Would any of you like dessert?" The waitress asked with a polite sweet smile. However...all of the boys and Sasha replied with a stuffed groan. However, Dante looked to her and managed an attractive grin...if..that's what you'd call it.
"Dang girl...I think your looks are sweet enough!" The waitresses paused, before flushing a deep red and giggling.
"A-Aww...how nice of you!" Zenix watched with a grimace, smirking however. Without warning, he lifted his foot and brought the heel of his boot down right on top of where the toes were in Dante's left shoe. The blue haired sophomore stiffened and gave a soft pain filled shriek, his hands splaying out and a low painful whimper echoing out of his mouth.
"Sorry Mam...you wouldn't want this one. He's got too many cavities already." The waitress blinked, but shrugged with a smile and gave them their check, before walking away back to do her job. Dante whined softly and leaned under the table, clutching his now probably broken foot.
"O-Owww...why dude..?" He asked, looking back at Zenix with a rather cute wide and teary eyed glare. Zenix looked into those mad glassy indigo eyes...smirking
"H-Heh.." He looked away...and blushing? Apparently he found that mad little expression...adorable~ However, he didn't get mad like he normally would when he found the other cute...but then again, Dante was rarely ever actually angry. He was a chilled laid back guy, sure a flirt...but he wasn't a bad guy. Zenix just found Dante cute whenever he was mad..~
"M-My foot.." Dante groaned, rubbing the crease in his shoes where Zenix's heel had slammed into. Zenix listened to his pain filled groans for a bit, smirking...but soon frowning. He really seemed in pain..
"Hmmph.." Zenix looked away from the other and crossed his arms, his hair getting all fluffy and messily splaying out in all directions, not angled down or spiked up.
"Sorry.." Gene seemed amazed...normally Zenix wouldn't ever apologize for hurting someone, even if it were Zane or Sasha!
"Er...you ok Dante?" Gene asked, reaching over and touching his little brother's shoulder to get his attention. The blue haired sophomore lifted his head and grinned nervously, nodding and holding a thumbs up.
"Y-Yup! J-Just stings a bit.."
"Ah...alright." Gene sweat dropped a bit. Seeing the check, the group began to each pull out a portion of their money. Even once the tab was paid, they still had a lot money.
"Ok! The movies gonna start in...ten minutes." Gene explained calmly, cringing as he heard the other Shadow Knights freak out.
"T-Ten minutes!?"
"We aren't gonna make it there in time!"
"Ughh we shouldn't of taken so much time to eat!"
"Quiet, all of you." Gene's cool voice could easily be heard over top of all of the nervous yells. Once it all went quiet, he stood up and began to pull them all out of the booth, walking the four out of the restaurant.
"If we run, we will make it. Zenix, you are the fastest. You get the tickets in. Sasha, you and Dante get our seats, I will get us our snacks."
"A-And me Gene!?" Zane chirped, practically jogging to keep up with Gene's fast walk. Meanwhile, Zenix, Sasha and Dante had bolted off towards the movie theater at the other side of the hill. Gene looked down to him with a smirk, playfully running a hand through his fluffy messy charcoal hair.
"What do you think? You're with me." Gene purred slyly, but stepped behind the freshman. With a grunt, he suddenly lifted the other up.
"Kick your legs up, and don't you dare get any dirt on my pants, these are new." Gene bolted up the concrete hill, dashing as fast as he could towards the movie theater. Zane...pretty much held onto the other's shoulders for his life, his legs hooking at his hips so that he wouldn't fall. Zane was in a piggy back position on the other, his eyes wide as he gave a terrified shriek once the other first bolted. A few times, Zane's arms would slip and accidentally tighten around the Shadow Knight Leader's neck, choking him a bit.
"Blehck! Zane, can't breathe!" He grunted, tugging at the other's arms until he was able to clamp onto his shoulders. After only a few minutes, the two reached the movie theater in record time. Gene stopped at the front door, not seeming to be panting or huffing for his breath, however he looked up at the black rose.
"Zane. We stopped, you're ok now." He smirked. Zane's hair was all poofed up from the wind and his one exposed icy eye was wide and terrified.
"H-Huh..?"
"We are here. Um...claws." Zane looked down, gasping. The black sharp little nails on Zane's fingers had dug into Gene's shirt, breaking the fabric and sinking into his skin. Zane smiled nervously and unhooked his nails, sliding gingerly off of his back.
"U-Uh...th-thanks Gene.."
"Don't mention it. Now come help me get popcorn." Gene chuckled and ran at a slow pace, or otherwise known as...Zane's sprinting speed. The two got into a line, splurging on popcorn, drinks and snacks for the other's. Gene and Zane soon walked back to the theater rooms, searing for where their movie was playing. Once they had found it, the two jogging in and attempted to search for their fellow Shadow Knights. From left to right, the seating was Gene, Zane, Zenix, Dante and then Sasha. Of course Dante had made it a big deal not to be on the end of the row, mainly because of how skittish he was when it came to horror films. Gene was a liiiiittle bit worried..for all the times he had been with Dante to the movies to see scary movies, the blue haired little brother would always scream like a terrified child.
Once the five were all calmed down...Gene turned to Zane.
"Want your snack now?" Each person second to the end of the row held the popcorn, that way the people on the ends and middle would be able to get some for themselves. Zane blinked and looked over to the Hershey bar in Gene's hand, thinking about it for a moment before smiling under his mask and nodding. There's no way Zane would be able to turn down a good sweet snack. However, Gene didn't directly give it to him. The junior smirked and first began to open the wrapper, watching Zane's reactions closely. Zane whined softly, keeping his voice low, but watching as his leader unwrapped his candy bar. Gene's smirk began to get more and more sly by the second. Once the chocolate bar was finally out of its wrapper, he tossed it aside and began to break the candy bar into pieces...before sneering.
"Open up...~" He purred slyly to the other. Zane felt his cheeks flush a deep red under his mask as he heard the other...He watched as Gene's hand tugged down his mask to expose his freckled face. Nervously, Zane opened his mouth and blushed even deeper as the other began to feed him. Gene slid a cube of the chocolate bar into the other's mouth, blushing softly as he watched him eat it...though...he wanted to try something. By now, the movie had started, and well..he wanted to ease his little rose a bit. The beginning was a bit stressing, and well...Zane didn't exactly seem too calm about a plane crashing while a little girl crawled out of a TV. Gene slid a cube of chocolate into his mouth, before leaning down. He purred and soft tapped the other's cheek with it. It was only half out of his mouth, only being held by his teeth. Zane blushed deeply, his heart starting to beat faster and faster as the other got closer. Though soon, he gave into his desires...one, to actually eat his sweet, AND...to be that close with Gene. Zane brought his lips to the cube of chocolate, his own mouth taking in the other half of the cube..Gene as well felt his heart starting to pound as their lips got closer and closer...until finally, they met. Before they did, both had looked to the movie, seeing a couple in a bed making out...thankfully no nudity, but still...it strengthened the romantic moment...Gene now could only feel the other's soft lips touch against his, but he wanted more...as he started to attempt and 'share the piece of chocolate' with him..he could feel the warmth of his blush...
"AHHHHH!" A loud scream from the main character girl echoed through the theater, not only making a few jump...but it made Zane jump as well, breaking the cube in half..one side in Gene's mouth, and the other in Zane's.
"Damn it..." Gene wanted to mumble out loud, though kept it to himself so the other's could enjoy the movie.
About ten to fifteen minutes pass...and its an incredibly scary and tense moment in the movie. They were huddled up in their seats, all waiting for that moment when a jump scare would happen. Even Gene was shrunk back into his seat, secretly holding a smaller pale hand in his own under the arm of the seat. As the grip tightened, he'd rub his thumb over the soft skin of the hand to soothe the Rose it belonged to. Zenix was a bit more calmer than the other two, due to being used to scary movies and loving that adrenaline you got when you were scared and expecting something. Heck, he was leaning forwards in his seat, watching the movie closely with a soft grin, the 'quills' on his head rising and falling with each breath, showing how excited he was. Now normally they stayed still when he was calm, but in the restaurant, he has been moving them when he breathed on purpose to show Zane. Dante however...was NOT enjoying this at all. Unlike Zenix, he absolutely hated being spooked with jump scares. I mean sure he normally didn't mind scary movies too much...but certain things really got to him. Now, he had his feet propped up on the bar in front of their row, sitting to the side a bit and plugging his ears for comfort. Sasha however, wasn't even there. Turns out that she kept falling asleep and went to go to the bathroom...but without them noticing, didn't return. In truth, she was just out in the lobby playing on the many retro games and claw games they had.
The moment the jump scare had appeared, all four of the boys had jumped a bit in their seats, Dante of which being the most frightened. Without thinking, the blue haired sophomore grabbed the nearest object....Zenix. The spike haired sophomore gave a low angry hiss, pushing at him and blushing deeper than his own shade of eyes. Thank god the room was dark enough to hide his red cheeks. Zenix growled, but was quickly shushed by Gene, who of which actually...had Zane in his arms!? Gene had moved Zane into his own seat, half on top of his lap with his arm keeping him steady. Thankfully, the seats were big enough to be able to fit both of them comfortably. Zane by now was stiff as a board, his charcoal hair all poofed up and his icy blue eye was wide. His face however, or at least what was easily seen, was a deep tomato red due to being so close with the junior. Gene chuckled softly and held him, his strong arms wrapped around him gently. However, he put a finger to his lips and shushed Zenix, smirking. He could tell that Zenix liked his little brother...and well, he wanted to see how this would go..~ So he forced his Shadow Knight to stay entangled in his little brother's grasp, sitting with him throughout the movie....~

Little did they know however, that this night...was far from over.