Zane x Gene Ch.17

"Zane."
"AHHHHHHH!!!" Zane's loud shriek echoed through his large house, making the figure in his window cringe. A low angry hiss erupted from the figure, who of which turned out to be Zenix. He had climbed up into his window, and had accidentally spooked the other. Then again though, it was almost 7pm, and Zane had been packing for the sleepover they had planned...since it was Friday after all. The black haired goth turned to glare at the sophomore in his window, his black charcoal hair all poofed up from being flustered.
"You scared the heck out of me!"
"Well I've been texting you and telling you I was coming to pick you up." Zenix deadpanned, laying his chin on the window sill with a puff. However...the loud shriek had gained the attention of Zane's family as well. Loud footsteps rumbled towards his room, not giving the two enough time to react.
"Baby Brother, what-!?" Garroth had slammed into the door, if it wasn't for the door being unlocked, he would of broken through it. The blond hurriedly stepped up to his younger brother, grabbing him gently.
"What happened!? Are you ok!?"
"Ugh I'm fine you big baboon! Don't touch me!" Zane hissed, swatting at his brother's hands with his sharp black nails. Garroth cringed and chuckled nervously.
"Oh good, I-...Zenix?" Garroth's bright blue eyes soon fell to the brunette figure in the window, who of which gave a relaxed wave.
"How...what are you doing?"
"Chilling." Zenix gave a smirk. However....he was practically dangling 15 feet in the air, just 'chilling' in the window. Garroth sweat dropped as he noticed the huge drop.
"Comfortable?"
"Mmhm. Nice breeze. So you comin Zane?" Zenix shrugged and looked up to the goth, who had been stuffing his pjs into his backpack.
"Just about. All I need to do is run downstairs and get my-"
"Phone?" Garroth looked to his little brother, holding the black device in his hands. However....Zane didn't immediately grab it. He knew Garroth better than that.
"What do you want.." The middle teen groaned, making his eldest brother smirk down at him.
"Mummy has some shopping to do tomorrow. Shoe and dress shopping for a party at her work in a few days. Why don't you go with her to pick out her outfit?" This made the black haired goth grimace.
"Ughhh you know I hate shopping!"
"And you know I hate when you hang out with School Skipping losers." Garroth shrugged. However...this little comment didn't go unnoticed. Zenix glared at the eldest romeave from the window, his claws gigging into the window sill that he had been hanging onto.
"You wanna run that by me, one more time?" He hissed, his voice getting a little deep. Garroth of which glared. Their size difference was...a bit intimidating for most. Garroth was bulky and tall, while Zenix was a bit on the short side. However, the hot headed Shadow Knight refused to back down.
"I said, you're all School Skipping Losers."
"Gar-Gar! That's not very nice!" A sudden loud high pitched voice rang out into the room, shaking the three from their glares. The big momma Romeave herself stepped in, gingerly plucking Zane's phone from Garroth's grasp.
"Here you are Zuzu! Garroth, don't pick on your little brother!" She gently scolded. Garroth of which gave a low whine and hung his head.
"But Mummy.."
"No 'but's! Go have fun Zuzu..and...uh? Hello there! I...don't remember having a window gnome." Zenix gave an embarrassed smile...however Zane could tell it was fake.
"Ah...hello Mrs. Romeave...I'm just, you know...here to pick up Zane." He giggled, the spikes on his head flattening in embarrassment. Zianna however giggled and leaned down, softly patting the top of his spiked head.
"You know you can just come through the door honey! Anywho, have fun Zuzu! Oh! And...please don't go out through the window. GarGar walk him downstairs." She gently ordered with a motherly grin. Garroth of which grumbled, but nodded and exited the bedroom. Zane gave a soft sigh of relief...shoving his phone into his pocket...but giving a gasp as his Mother suddenly hugged him tightly, kissing his cheek and squishing hers against his lovingly.
"I'm so proud of you Zuzu! Going out and making friends and having sleepovers! So exciting!" She giggled, making her son blush deeply in embarrassment.
"Moooom..."
"Hehe! I love you Zuzu!"
"I love you too Mommy.." Zane couldn't held but smile under his mask...he always had a connection with his loving mother. Unlike his brothers or father, Zianna was the one person he ultimately trusted and loved without question..even if he didn't like to show it. Much to his relief, Zenix had already exited the window earlier, so he didn't see the embarrassing little cuddle they had shared. With a gruff sigh, Zane walked downstairs, waving goodbye reluctantly to his family and shutting the door...before bolting to the backyard. Zenix was there waiting for him, smirking and leaning up against a tree with his arms behind his head.
"Finally. Took you long enough."
"Oh hush.." Zane squeaked out with that stuffy voice of his, walking up to the other. Seeing how he was standing, he gave him a jab in the rib with his boney little finger to get his attention. He smirked as the other squeaked and jumped, the reaction he had wanted.
"So...it's at Gene's house right? Where's...Sasha and G-"
"They're already there setting up. Gene wanted me to come get you to make sure you weren't on your own." The two Shadow Knights walked down the sidewalks...crossing a few streets that were dimly lit by the street lamps. Of course, Zenix did end up chasing Zane more than half of the way there due to being bored and wanting to get to the house faster. Once Zane finally reached the familiar house, he panted and leaned against the white fence to catch his breath, taking a bit puff from his inhaler. Zenix smirked, patting his back softly.
"You're getting faster kid...still slow as a toddler, but fast enough." He teased with a sneer, his prickled hair puffing up a bit as he attempted to be 'mean'. Zane however grumbled and reached up, softly pushing the other's face away and walking inside. The house was quite tidy, and the smell of popcorn filled the air. Sasha and Gene had.....literally decorated the large living room with pillows and blankets. They had literally turned the room into a pillow fort..er...castle looking thing. Sasha of course was already inside the huge tent, fixing up the inside. Gene had stapled some of the many sheets and blankets to the walls and over the tv, so now it seemed like the Tv was inside of the tent. Not only that but they had coated the couch with pillows and blankets, of which the blankets hung over as well. You couldn't even see into the living room unless you entered the huge bubble of pillows and furniture. Sasha had been lining the enclosed table with blankets, looking back at the two and suddenly throwing up a hand.
"Halt! No one enters until things are done and you're checked by Gene!" Zane froze in the blanketed doorway, whining a bit and closing the flap and stepping away. He walked upstairs and smiled as he saw his older boyfriend..
Gene had been prying a few more blankets off of his own bed now, lifting his head as he saw the other in his bedroom doorway. The Shadow Knight Leader purred and walked over, wrapping his strong arms around the other and giving him a snuggle hug.
"Good Evening, my little Rose.." His deep voice echoed softly within the freshman's ears, making him shiver and grin under his big black mask.
"H-Hi Gene...Sasha said we couldn't go in until we were checked by you." This made the leader chuckle and pull away, stepping to the doorway.
"She means you need to be in pjs. Go ahead and change while you're in here." Gene smiled softly..before shutting his black wood bedroom door.
------------(Downstairs)------------
"Zenix not yet! Gene hasn't checked you!" Sasha hissed as she pushed at the heavy blanket that had been hanging over the entrance.
"What do you mean checked!? It's me!" Zenix hissed back, shoving at the cover as well. It wasn't long before the angry loud yells had gained the attention of the leader himself...and once he walked over, the two quieted down a bit.
"Alright c'mere Zeni." Gene smirked and pulled the shorter sophomore over to him. Gene began to scratch his hair softly, rubbing his fingers through the other's spiked brunette hair..smirking as the other practically melted. Zenix actually...looked pretty cute. Zenix had changed into a black tshirt and red checkered fluffy pj pants. He was slightly slumped over, his eyes closed and his hair all fluffed and messed up...not to mention he was blushing with a cute little smile...
Zenix was completely out of it, grinning and moving his head occasionally so that another spot could get rubbed or scratched at. The hands shifted a bit, lifting for a moment. Zenix of which grumbled, but quickly returned to purring and grinning happily as hands returned to his head.
However...it wasn't Gene's hands that were now petting the hotheaded sophomore...~