ZaneXGene ZenixXDante (A Regretful Camp Ch.2)

"Wake up Gene."
"Huh!?"
A voice echoed out into the morning darkness. It was Gene's...he had jerked violently in his sleep before his terrified teal eyes opened for the first time of the day.
Gene was covered in sweat, and his body trembled with an unknown fear...how odd. He didn't remember even having a single dream. If anything, he only remembered closing his eyes just a few seconds ago. He felt well rested thankfully..but it made all of his nerves on end. Why on earth was he so damn scared!?
The junior sat up, groaning softly and rubbing the back of his neck. He felt so comfortable...snuggled with his little brother, best friend and boyfriend...all of which still asleep. Gene gave a soft sigh and reached up, stroking the back of his hand across his head..wiping off the sweat.
It seemed so early....Gene looked out the nearby window in the kitchen, seeing that there was barely even any light outside yet. Since it was still dark..he determined that it was much too early to get up juuust yet. He decided to blame his little fit on a forgotten fit of sleep paralysis...and try to get back to the more sweeter dreams. With a soft smile, he leaned down under the blankets, sliding in further to spoon his lovely little rose.
Zane of which gingerly accepted the snuggles...his one exposed eye not even budging, showing just how deep in sleep he was. Now that he was much more comfortable...Gene gave a low purr and closed his deep teal eyes...
Sleep overcame the junior faster than he had expected, his eyelids becoming increasingly heavy as a lightness overcame his body. However..this peaceful sensation did not last very long..

Gene found himself in the woods...on that same ledge the four Shadow Knights had laid upon once discovering the waterfall. He wasn't on a blanket, nor was he even in his pjs. He was in...his normal clothing..dark jeans and a black skull shirt.
What the hell..? Gene groaned, but didn't speak...too bewildered by the sudden change in scenery. The junior was laying flat on his back..a soft pain in his throat. He slowly sat up, his vision extremely blurry, to the point where he couldn't even make out the moon in the sky. Soon however...it began to come into focus. A shadow loomed in the corner of his eyes..something was close and standing over him.
Still seeing mist, the teenager shook a bit as his vision slowly traveled upwards. He couldn't make out features on the lower body..only that it was...furry? No..not furry, soft...maybe soft fur pants..
The moment his teal eyes glazed where the chest would be of the figure, it suddenly leaned down quickly, a loud angry voice suddenly blasting through his ear drums.
"WAKE UP!"

Gold....bright, glossy gold...
"AHHII!" Gene jumped up at the sudden scream, his whole body jerking upwards violently as he too screamed. A few other yells met his, two figures falling off of the couch while another ran away from it.
Gene was...well, he couldn't think correctly. His teal eyes were wide, his face as pale as Zane's and sweat matted down his black hair. He breathed heavily, attempting to suck in lost breath from his agonizing sleep. His eyes once again betrayed him, and kept his sight from truly putting images together. What he should of saw, was his Rose...Zane sat in front of him, wide eyes and a terrified look on his face. Zenix was there too...attempting to shake Gene into his senses with a matching expression of fear. Dante stood near the couch..watching worriedly. Gene however...saw differently that what was right in front of him. His mind remained stuck on those two gold orbs that had stared right into the depths of his soul...and that voice...
It wasn't just a random voice....it was his own.
"GENE!!!" Another voice, unlike the eerie mimic of his own suddenly pierced his eardrums. It was stuffy and cartoonish...his beautiful black Rose.
"Z-Zane...!?" Gene, whom had been pale as a ghost...slowly began to regain his color as much as his sight. His teal orbs soon focused on a single icy blue, distracting him from the radiant golds that tortured his mind.
"Gene!" The voice echoed again, and soon...he could see the figures of his 'family', and their worried faces...
Zane was in Gene's lap, his hands softly cupping the junior's cheeks. His mask was off...revealing his terrified gape. Zenix had a similar expression. He had been sitting at the edge of the couch, his hands clamped to Gene's shoulders, for he had been shaking him to try and awaken him from his daze. Dante had since then walked closer, his arms wrapped around himself...
Another odd detail...was that it was cold. Not just cold, but freezing...the teens could see their own breath in front of their very eyes. Not only that..but it was silent. There was no noise...the windows had since been opened by those who were awake while Gene slept in..and there wasn't a single bird chirping, or cricket squeaking. Only the sound of their own breath filled the small cabin. Gene shivered violently, feeling a few beads of sweat go down his back. He had an odd feeling...a pit in his stomach..and the sensation of being watched. Zane held the Junior's face by his cheeks softly, looking around the cabin nervously and back to Dante and Zenix.
"What's...what's happening..?" No response...Zenix merely reached up and pulled Dante to his side, protectively wrapping his arms around his younger but taller boyfriend.
"Listen.." Zenix said softly, lifting his head. The brown 'quills' on his head were pinned back all the way out of fear..
All four pairs of eyes drifted to one of the windows as the soft crunching of leaves could be made out. There was something outside...
"Zenix what is it...!?" Dante's voice was a soft squeak, unable to full get his voice out due to his fear. The poor Sophmore was so shaken up, that his normally tanned face was the color of Zane's.
"I don't know.." Zenix replied softly, slowly moving Dante next to Zane on the couch. Now awoken from his daze and fully sensed...Gene held his little brother and Black Rose close..narrowing his eyes at the sound.
"Zeni..do you think you can..?" He motioned to the window with his head, to whom of which Zenix nodded. The spike haired sophomore slowly crawled to the window, moving his hands up to clamp onto the ledge beneath it. The cabin wasn't very tall, so the window was just a few inches up from where his head was. He gave a soft grunt and hoisted himself upwards in a pull-up motion, his red eyes managing to peek out through the screen as his feet found hold on the couch end table below it. At first, he couldn't make anything out...just the misty morning look of the camp. The trees he was just barely able to make out...
Soon...Zenix began to shiver and shake, giving a soft huff.
"It's fucking freezing.." He grumbled, moving upwards to try and get an even better look outside. His Crimson eyes drifted to the right...and then to the left, and down. Then they stopped...focusing on what looked like a piece of dark wood lying on the gravel. After looking even closer, it revealed to be a small wooden door. A hatch.
"Hey...that could be to the basement.."
"What?"
"There's a hatch out front under this window." Zenix looked back to the junior on the couch, whom of which cocked an eyebrow.
"Hatch..? The only thing under that window when we got here was a big thorn bush. That's why I never bothered to clear it. Trust me...I've had it to my wits ends with thorns..eh Zane?" Gene smirked to his freshman, leaning over and playfully nuzzling into his neck. The gothic freshman of which gained a soft blush on his paste white face, smiling a bit and lifting his mask back into his face. Zenix however...turned back to the window and paled.
"....if the thorns are gone, and we heard footsteps....then someone must of stumbled in to them and they might of torn them out.."
"But who could of been able to go through them without like...you know, dying?"
"Zeheheni..they might of had thick jeans on or something. I'm more worried about who the hell was peeking in on us.." Gene's smug smirk slowly faded into something more of a glare.
"And..." His voice trailed off as his mind wandered back to his dream...and those big glowing gold orbs..
"What the hell that dream was about..."
"Yea. I'm wondering the same damn thing." Zenix turned from the window and to Gene, a slight glare in his Crimson eyes.
"You scared us nearly half to death!" Gene tilted his head and frowned, running a hand through his black hair and scratching his head.
"I know I went blank there for a sec...but how did that scare you half to death?" Now, it was Dante's turn to glare. He grumbled a bit, his squeaky voice echoing out into the cabin.
"You didn't just do that! You screamed at us to wake up!"
"I...did?" Gene cocked an eyebrow, swallowing a bit as he thought back to his dream...
The junior attempted to collect what memory he had left from his dream..to be honest however, it wasn't too difficult. The nightmare was burned into his mind, no detail was left blank. That is..accept for the parts where he could only see blur. Gene remembered where he was..and the figure. He couldn't tell how tall or thick it was from his point of view, he couldn't even tell if it was human or not. The two only traits he could pick up...were those big golden glossy eyes, and it's voice..
Gene's teal eyes widened a bit, that pale color returning to his cheeks.
That 'creature'...had a voice eerily similar to his own..
He remembered what the creature had yowled at him, to get up. Finally...the junior made the connection. Thankfully however, it soothed his mind.
"Aha....I understand now.."
"Understand what!?" Zenix grumbled, crawling down from the window and back onto the couch with his blue haired boyfriend. Gene smiled, running a hand through his sweaty matted hair.
"I had a nightmare, where someone with my voice screamed at me to wake up. Maybe I accidentally yelled out in my dream, and thought it was something else."
"So you slept talk?"
"Sleep talk!? More like sleep yell!" Zenix hissed at the Rose, the quills that had been puffed out, angrily angling back. Dante however attempted to calm his older yet shorter boyfriend, reaching up to softly glide his tanned fingers through the quills...much to his relief, it worked. Zenix laid his head down onto Dante's lap..grumbling a bit but closing his eyes and relaxing at the pets. The blue haired sophomore then looked up and smiled nervously.
"I've sleep yelled before..."
"Yea, I remember. You were squirming around and yelling at me to 'leave you alone' and to 'keep the dog away'."
"But...we never had a dog.." Dante giggled a bit, that normal goofy grin returning to his face. The tension had been lifted at the explanation of Gene's sleep trauma...so much so that the three hadn't noticed the air gain a warm gust, as well as the birds and insects getting the courage to start chirping again.
All hadn't noticed the change...accept for Gene.
He knew deep down..that his dream wasn't just some odd sleep phenomenon. There was something sinister...hiding within the details...
For now however, he decided to let it be.
He'd catch it sooner or later..
---------------(Sundown)---------------
"Gene?"
"What Rose?" Gene grunted in response to hearing his Rose speak. After a day of fooling around the campsite, the group of teenagers had split up a bit. Gene and Zane had began to look for firewood, as well as getting the campfire ready, while Zenix and Dante had went out to the waterfall for some alone time. Gene wouldn't exactly take his little brother being assaulted...but he didn't mind kisses or cuddles, of which Zenix promised only both. Zane lifted his head from the campfire, looking back to his boyfriend at the tree line.
"They've been gone for almost two hours now...should we go looking for them?" This..caught Gene's attention. That's where his dream took place...perhaps if he returned there, he'd be able to find more details.
"Good idea. The fire's small enough that it should be fine if we left it...it might be dark by the time we make it back though." Zane shrugged, chuckling with that stuffy goofy voice of his.
"As long as Dante doesn't start screaming..we should be fine." He adjusted the mask over his mouth, scratching his chin. Gene nodded in agreement with his rose, and began to lead him out of the camp.
Truth to be told, the woods were quite beautiful during the sunset, everything looked orange and dark green...plus, you could see quite easily through the trees with the sun lower in the sky. Gene walked alongside the freshman, an arm hooked around his neck and holding him close. Zane meanwhile did the same, only he had an arm hooked around Gene's waist shyly, a deep blush dusting his freckled cheeks. He should of been used to the Junior's affection by now...but..even then he still got flustered.
"Mwah..~" Gene leaned over to the other, planting a playful kiss onto his blushed masked cheek. Zane responded with a cute squeak and stiffened, grumbling and hiding his face within his dark mask.
"Nghhhh..."
"Heh, cutie...look. We are here.." Gene purred out, lifting his teal eyes to the smal clearing in front of them. Just as expected, Dante and Zenix sat upon the cliff edge on a red checkered blanket. Dante has his head on the other's shoulder, while Zenix was snuggled up against him with an arm around his back. The two looked to be asleep..until Gene called out to them.
"Alright you two love birds, it's time to head back to the cabin!" The two sophomores stiffened and turned around once they heard the Shadow Knight leader, and sighed.
"Come on Danny.." Zenix groaned as he stood up, leaning over a bit to crack his back. Dante followed, but shivered and adjusted his jeans, his dark cerulean eyes turning to the sinking sun.
"Dang...the sunset looks so nice from here."
"Hm...I don't think a few more minutes will hurt..." Zane instead responded to the blue haired sophomore, plopping right into the blanket next to the two. Gene however..was the only one who seemed to want to leave. The junior reeeeally didn't wanna be out here during the nighttime, specifically on this cliff edge either..
"You all DO realize that if we stay out here for much longer, we will be walking back in the dark..right?"
"We should be fine. I brought my good flashlight this time, so we may be able to at least see a few feet in front of us." Zenix turned his head from the slowly sinking sun and back to the shadow knight leader. The quilled sophomore frowned at the obvious glare...he could tell that Gene wasn't feeling too good.
Gene felt his stomach slowly starting to sink, and the hairs on the back of his neck prickling upwards..they weren't alone..he could tell. His teal eyes scanned the area around them, specifically the tree line for any silhouettes or figures hiding among the growing shadows. Noticing his uneasiness and on-edge glare, Zenix took that as his warning to listen.
"Alright, come on Danny...Lets head." The quilled teen smirked and gently tugged the younger yet slightly taller Sophmore closer, whom of which giggled and blushed.
"Alright alright, let's try to hurry up so that we aren't in the dark for too long.