Chapter Twelve

Kylo was restless that night, and it wasn't just him. It was me too. My body was tired but my mind was wide awake, giving me restless nightmares all night.

My body stirred silently, my body slick with sweat as I tossed and turned under the thin sheets. As much as I fought calm my mind I couldn't.

The trees blew in the cool summer wind, the birds chirped peacefully as I trudged through the forest of my home. My home. I was finally back where I belonged.

The familiar smell of the forest and villagers cooking flooded my senses and made me swoon. Everything was back to normal, I was at home, safe and away from the first order.

My attention snapped over to the middle of my village, everyone was running around and laughing, like there wasn't a care to give.

I smiled softly and wondered through the crowds of people. My stomach lurched forward when I saw the little boy from the day I wasn't taken, playing with his mother by the open field.

My eyes watered and I quickly wiped them, walking forwards.

"Mommy! Mommy!" A little girl screamed suddenly. Her tiny voice cracking as she came running past me and into her mothers arms. "B-bad... Gu-guys!"

"First order.." I mumbled, suddenly realizing what she meant.

The whole village seemed to stop. No more yelling cheering kids, no more friendly hello's or goodbyes. Everything... was silent.

I couldn't comprehend what was happening till it occurred. A sudden burst of panic came from the crowd and everyone began rushing around and grabbing their loved ones, leaving me in a state of shock and confusion.

My stomach oddly bubbled in excitement as I watch everyone rushing around in a frenzy. Why was I acting like this?

A sharp cry ripped through the crowd and everyone suddenly stopped, my body was frozen in fear. Yet, something besides fear was in me.... It was a large amount of power coursing through my veins. I couldn't shake off these dark thoughts.

After a couple of seconds of standing in pure panic and confusion, I managed to move my legs and begin to run with the crowd of people. The familiar smell of burning fabric and wood caused me to wrinkle up my nose in disgust. It was just like before....

I gasped when I was pushed from behind, my feet getting caught up under me which caused me to trip and fall onto my stomach in the dirt. I coughed and sputtered, pulling my already sore body off the ground.

Gunshots echoed in the distance, along with screams and cries of fear.

My heart thumped widely in my chest as I struggled to my feet.

I couldn't help but feel oddly satisfied with what was happening before my eyes. I tried to brush off the thought but couldn't. It was like I was enjoying what was happening.

"Kylo Ren is here!"

"Help us!"

Screams of agony and pain came from the people that surrounded me. I had to get out of here and fast, my mind was attacking me with things to do. Evil things. Things I didn't want.

I bolted past the groups of fleeing people, my lungs starting to ache with pain from all the running.

I stopped and rested by a tree, leaning my body up against it in order to catch my breath from all the painful running.

My chest heaved up and down as I desperately tried to regain my bearings. My mouth was dryer than the dessert on Jakku, yet my whole body was slick with sweat.