Chapter 3

Leo's P.O.V.

Calypso and I were riding back to New York on Festus. I figured my friends must be worried sick about me. I hoped they were all ok. Calypso was asleep with her arms wrapped around me. I could see New York in the distance. "Calypso. Wake up." I said. "We're almost there." She woke up and started to get excited. "I can't believe I'm finally off of that stupid island." She said. We started descending towards Camp Half-Blood. I couldn't wait to see all of my friends and introduce Calypso. When we started getting closer I could see that they had archers ready in case they needed to shoot us down. I made Festus go down slowly and as we got close to the ground everyone saw who it was and put their weapons away and started running towards me. I spotted Jason in the crowd and jumped off Festus and ran towards him. "Leo! Where have you been?!?" He exclaimed. "Sorry bro. Had to pick someone up on my new dragon." I said wiggling my eyebrows at Jason and pointing at Festus and Calypso. "Woah. When did you rebuild Festus? And who's the hotty you brought?" Jason asked. "Ok first off, back off she's mine, and second, throughout our whole quest. When I got the Archimedes Sphere I was able to rebuild his body in the hull of the Argo II. I built him a new control disk and when the Argo II crashed, I rode Festus away to go pick up Calypso." Now a lot of campers were listening. And running towards me I saw Percy, Annabeth, Piper, Hazel, Frank, Nico, and Coach Hedge. Piper tackled me in a hug, Percy and Frank gave me a bro hug, and Annabeth came up and slapped me. "DON'T YOU EVER SCARE US LIKE THAT AGAIN!" She yelled at me. And then Coach Hedge came up to me and yelled "LEO VALDEZ WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN? YOU ARE SO GROUNDED! I SHOULD SMACK YOU WITH MY BAT." "Woah calm down Coach." Percy said. "But yeah seriously, where have you been? And is that Calypso?" He asked. "Yeah. How do you know her?" I asked. "A couple years ago, when Annabeth, Grover and I were on a quest through the labyrinth, I got blown out of a volcano and landed on Ogygia. I was never able to rescue her off of the island. I'm glad you could." He told me. "Yeah, me too. But anyways after the Argo II crashed I flew away on Festus to go pick up Calypso." He gestured to the dragon again telling them how he rebuilt Festus. Piper ran up to the dragon and hugged him. Festus blew fire into the sky happily. Everyone else was staring in awe at the dragon. Finally Chiron came up and said, "We were about to send out another search party for you. We should celebrate your return tonight at the camp fire."

Later That Night

Still Leo's P.O.V.

At the camp fire, I noticed Piper and Jason weren't sitting together. I went over to her. "Hey. Why aren't you sitting with Jason?" I asked. "He broke up with me." She responded with tears in her eyes. "Oh, Piper I'm so sorry." I said, although I wasn't very good at comforting people. "It's fine." She said. "And what's with Annabeth and Percy?" I asked. "What do you mean?" She replied. "I heard them arguing in his cabin on the way here." I said. "Huh. Weird. Let me go check on them." She said. "I'll come with you." I said. And we went down to Percy's cabin. I knocked on the door and Percy opened it. Annabeth was no longer there. He had a tear running down his cheek. Leo looked at him and said "Aw Percy not you guys too." "I caught her cheating on me. I was walking up to the fire and heard two people making out behind a cabin. I kept walking until I heard one of them say Annabeth. I stopped and walked behind the cabin and found her making out with Jason." He said. "We started to argue and came back to my cabin to talk so we weren't in the open. She told me we were done and walked out." "Wow. I can't believe Annabeth would do that to you. After all you guys have been through." Piper said. "Yeah. Me either." Me and Piper went into his cabin and hung out with him for a little bit. Telling jokes and stories to keep each other happy and laughing. When it came time to go to bed, we went to our cabins.