60. Daughter of Azeroth

WINNER OF GOOD AS GOLD AWARDS (FANTASY)

Born in Westfall to a poor farming family, Idira grows up hungry, isolated and abused. When she accidentally discovers she is able to make magic, she is thrilled. But her magic-averse father soon ends her joy when he forbids her to pursue the practice of 'evil'. When the Legion arrives and she cannot stop the demons from destroying her home, she is left alone, defenceless and running for her life.

While struggling to survive in the mean streets of Stormwind's Old Town, Idira learns of the magical city of Dalaran. Desperate to be able to harness the power she feels growing within her, she determines to travel to the floating city and learn how to become a mage. But once she arrives her unusual violet-blue eyes soon cause her to become the object of everyone's scorn. Everyone's, that is, except for one.

Khadgar.

Author's Note: Daughter of Azeroth is a sidequel to my novella Into the Light, it tells the untold story of Idira; of her long and difficult path to her destiny, which is revealed in Into the Light. Even if you haven't read Into the Light (although I hope you will!), Daughter of Azeroth can be read as a stand-alone story.

Winner GAGA Jan 2017 https://www.wattpad.com/366516177-the-good-as-gold-awards-last-season%27s-winner.

Ranked #306 Jan 30, 2017

First Publication date:

Prologue Dec 2, 2016

I post new content every Friday afternoon CET. The story will be complete April 2017.

BY ea_carter