// 1 //

(Writer's note: This fic takes place after 2x12. Enjoy!)

"Kara!" Lena said with excitement in her voice as the blonde reporter came through her office doors and greeted her with a smile,"Lena, it's great to see you!" Kara said just as enthusiastically. A smile had set across the blondes face, and Lena couldn't help but be captivated by it for a brief moment.

"So, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Lena asked and tried to maintain her excitement a little. After all, her and Kara were just friends.

"Snapper sent me. He wants me to ask you a few questions about the explosion, and how you were saved by Supergirl," Kara said, grabbing a pen and her notepad. "Oh okay," Lena said, looking down. She had actually hoped that Kara was just stopping by to see her. "Go ahead," she then said, sending a bright smile in Kara's direction.

"So, how did Supergirl save you?" Kara asked.
"Well. My mother had taken me captive. She needed me to unlock some chamber that only Luthor DNA could access. When she had forced me to open it up she went and got something that seemed like a deadly weapon, that's when Supergirl showed up. She was so incredibly brave," Lena's eyes lit up when she talked of Supergirl. She was a friend of Lena's, and Lena was extremely grateful for their friendship, "She managed to get me out of there before Metallo blew up the whole place," Lena said.

Kara's smile had grown bigger when Lena had told her the story. Her face had turned a light pink too.

"Are you and Supergirl close?" Kara asked and looked into Lena's emerald eyes, then quickly looking away.
"I know her through you, Kara Danvers. I would like to believe that we have gotten to some sort of friendship status. We're comfortable, I would say. I'm so extremely grateful for everything she has done for me and for the city," Lena answered confidently.

"How would you say that you being a Luthor has affected your friendship with Supergirl?" Kara then asked.
"It created small difficulties for us in the start of our friendship, but now we both see that we aren't defined by our families' earlier feuds," Lena answered calmly.

Kara put down her stuff and got up from the chair. "That was all, Lena. Thank you for being so patient with me," Kara breathed. Her cheeks were still rosy. Lena wondered what this meant. "No problem, Kara. This is your job and I'll always be happy to help you out. With anything," Lena smiled softly, sensing that her own cheeks were getting warm.

Kara gave Lena a sudden and quick hug before heading out the office doors. Lena thought that the hug had felt nice. Kara leaving had been a little saddening though.

Lena had felt like this for some time now. Every time Kara was near her, it was like the whole world lit up. Her golden locks, deep blue eyes, and white smile seemed to always make Lena feel fuzzy inside. Kara had put her trust in Lena, something that not many people had ever done. She had been there for Lena when she needed her most. Lena's heart had fluttered when she saw Kara's reaction to the flowers that she sent her. She was so incredibly thankful for Kara. She just wished for something more. Lena wanted to feel Kara's embrace for more than a few seconds. She wanted to know what her lips felt like, pressed against hers. Lena was too afraid of losing her, though. She couldn't confess. What if Kara freaked out and suddenly did not want to be friends anymore?

Lena would be left completely alone all over again.