//16//

Light. In the darkness grew a light. It burned through the pitch black and soon enough, Kara was opening her eyes.

Her vision was unclear. She could only make out shadows. Two of them were standing at her side. Bright light shone onto her body, warming it. She must've been in the sun bed at the DEO. What was going on? What happened to Lillian?

"She's waking up, look! Thank God," a familiar voice spoke. It was Alex. Kara's vision sharpened as she saw that, next to her sister, Maggie was there too. Alex hugged her girlfriend and then rushed to the sun bed, embracing Kara. "I'm so happy you're okay. I thought I was going to lose you," she said, voice quaking. "Hey, I'm okay. Don't worry," Kara took her sisters hand, "How long was I out?" She asked. "11 days," Maggie answered from behind Alex, sending a soft smile in Kara's direction. Kara was shocked. She quickly shook her head when she thought of how long she would've been out, if she hadn't been saved. "Wha- what happened?" She hadn't been able to put the pieces together in her mind yet. She wasn't really sure of what had happened 11 days ago, at that warehouse.

"Well, you see-" Alex began, but was interrupted by Lena dropping three water bottles to the floor. "Kara!"
The brunette CEO hurried to the blonde's side. Alex and Maggie nodded at each other, then they left the room together. "I can't believe this. You're awake. I was so worried. Kara, I thought you were gonna die," Lena said, grabbing Kara's hands and gazing into her deep-blue eyes. She was fighting back tears. "Lena. I'm so sorry I worried you," Kara whispered. She had been flooded with emotions when Lena entered the room. "Don't apologize. This is all my fault. My mother did this to you," Lena furrowed her brows and bit her lip. She felt as if this was all her fault. "Don't do that. Don't blame yourself. There's a million reasons Lillian did what she did and, you're not one of them," Kara lied, but she did it to protect Lena. She didn't want her to feel guilty about something like this. Kara didn't care about getting hurt if it meant that Lena didn't have to. "She almost killed you, Kara. If Alex and the DEO hadn't set out to find you the second your communication stopped functioning, you would have been dead," Lena's voice broke and tears fell from her emerald eyes. "But I'm not dead, Lena. I'm right here," Kara sat up a little, noticing the white hospital gown she was wearing. Her legs and arms were exposed, parading small and big scars of different shades of red. She winced when she saw them. They made her remember the kryptonite blade slashing through her skin. The unbearable pain.

Lena saw how Kara reacted to the sight of her scars and decided to kiss her forehead softly. She then pulled a chair from under the bed and sat down, locking her gaze with Kara's. "They'll fade a lot more. Not fully, but a lot. We'll match," Lena said, pulling up her shirt, revealing the many scars on her stomach from the explosion. Kara smiled and her heart warmed. "You're beautiful. I love you," she whispered, leaning in and resting her head on the brunettes shoulder.

"I love you too."