//8//

Everyday for a week or so, Kara had visited Lena at the DEO. She had brought her lunch and a new bouquet of flowers everyday. Lena had been given permission to go back to work that day and therefore, Kara had brought lunch and flowers to L-Corp.

"I really appreciate all that you've done for me this past week," Lena smiled at Kara.
They were sitting on the couch in Lena's office, eating burgers with fries and talking.
Kara looked up from her plate, "It's nothing," she breathed as Lena's bright eyes gazed at her.
"No, Kara. It's definitely something. You've taken time out of your busy day, just to be with me. I appreciate that so much more than you could ever begin to understand." Lena sent Kara a look of admiration as she stroked her arm, making the kryptonian shiver.

"You mean a lot to me, Lena." Kara took Lena's hand. "I can't help but be drawn to you," Kara said and gave Lena a shy smile.

Lena gave Kara a soft kiss before leaning back and sighing. "A Luthor and a Super. Who would have thought?" Lena laughed. "Yeah about that, Lena," Kara looked down at her hands, and Lena's look filled with concern. Did Kara not want whatever this was? "What? What is it Kara?" Lena moved closer to Kara, lifting up her chin. Their eyes met and Kara gave Lena a nervous smile. "I just - What are we Lena?" Kara asked with a hint of distress in her voice. Kara had wondered about this ever since that night at the DEO, where she had awkwardly blurted out the term "date-mate".

Lena sighed in relief, "And here I was, thinking that you were gonna break up with me," she grinned. "So we are in fact together?" Kara's asked and her face lit up. Lena bit her lip as she stared at the strong, beautiful woman sitting in front of her. "Kara Danvers, would you like to be my girlfriend?"

Kara's cheeks turned into a light red shade. "Yes. I'd love to," Kara said confidently. A bright smile was set across Lena's face as her girlfriend kissed her. It started softly. Kara placed her left hand on Lena's side, and the right on her neck. She would place soft kisses on Lena's neck and then go back to her lips to kiss them just a little harder. When Kara knew that Lena was trembling, she stopped. She placed one last kiss on Lena's lips before exiting the room with an unapologetic look on her face. Lena smiled to herself when Kara left. She hadn't really seen that side of Kara before. She liked it.

Kara stopped outside of L-Corp. She was very surprised with what she had just done. She blushed at the thought of it and walked ,very satisfied with herself, back to CatCo.