Just Out Of Sight

I spent the entire morning walking on eggshells, my parents returned last night unbeknownst to the fact I'd mistakingly invited a demon into their home. When I awoke this morning Ghost was sadly still here and not just an awkward nightmare. Ghost seemed amused at my anxiety as he followed me around the house, somehow avoiding being noticed by my folks. Everytime my mom would adjust her glass' when looking in my direction my heart would skip a beat and my gut would drop. Just to keep a distance from them I offered to go in the kitchen to make them breakfast. They were of course, delighted about me doing something other than brooding around the house. I flipped the omelette I was making and tensed as Ghost's voice hissed in my ear. "What a cute little domestic..." I jutted my elbow back against his stomach making him grunt and sigh. "You're not very nice darling, but that's okay..." He made a little kissing sound next to my ear. I did find it amazing Ghost had some how avoided touching me since I'd told him not to. And yet, he was still annoying beyond all belief. Ghost hopped up on the counter and watched me cook, his cute antics almost make me forget what he is...Just as I turned to talk to him my mother came into the room and he dispersed. As she offered to help me with the cooking Ghost made an appearance just behind her, with a snide grin he blew against my mother's neck and once again, vanished, as she turned to look. "Always so drafty..." She muttered. I clenched my jaw and did my best to act normal as I shooed her out of the kitchen. Ghost appeared just as I closed the door on her heels. I gave him a glare as he snickered. "Oh have I gone and upset you darling? Do forgive me, but without cuddling I get so very bored..."