Keep Her Safe

I was still shaking when Devin took me back to my parents house, I could hear him saying my name but I couldn't bring myself to respond. What the hell had actually just happened to me? I mean I-I was in hell... Before I could get myself together Ghost was mere inches from my face "(YN) darling I need you to listen to me..." I looked up to meet his gaze and found honest concern in his eyes. "Yo-you just used my name..." He quirked an eyebrow.

"Pardon?"

"Ghost, you just used my name for the first time." He smiled almost kindly before replying.

"I suppose I did, didn't I little love?" He sighed and reached out to, I think, try to pet my hair; but he stopped just before touching me. "Darling, may I touch you? Just a little bit..." I couldn't stop myself from responding to his delight. "Yes, yes you may." He began to stroke my hair sweetly as he came to sit beside me on the bed. I couldn't help but lean into his touch, he was so warm and comforting... Before I knew it I was almost in his lap as he ran his fingers through my hair lovingly. Just as I found myself dozing off in his grasp he spoke my name again. "(YN), I'm afraid there is something quite unsavory I must do to keep you safe from my... Boss." My eyes fluttered open as he went on. "Darling, though he was kind to you today he won't be so delightful the next time we meet with him. By the end of this month you'll have to be trained like one of his slaves or he'll... He'll kill both you and me." I shot straight up as he looked away from me. "Please (YN) I'm so so sorry I didn't think he would notice my leaving, nor did I believe he would find any interest in my human...Please for the sake of your own life I need you to listen very carefully to what I have to say. Alright?" I looked down for a moment before nodding my head at my peculiar demon. What had I gotten myself into?