Chapter Seven

"Why do we have to do this? This should be the job of the surface people..." Hikari grumbled to himself while hacking away at the small branches. Next to me Chisaki giggled while I scoffed which earned us a light glare from him.

"You didn't have to volunteer if you didn't want to, you know." Chisaki reminded him cheekily to which Hikari looked away, turning red in embarrassment.

"Sh-shut up... "

"He just wanted to make sure Manaka wasn't making it off with Tsumugu." I added with a teasing grin which made him scowl at me, "Shut up, Aoi."

"Then stop complaining. You wanted this so you shut up."

That was enough to make him stop but the storm in his eyes remained glued on me when I went back to helping Chisaki pick up twigs to make the body of the puppet. He's really been on edge lately and I can understand that but it doesn't warrant him the right to drag everyone in it all the time. He should be lucky Chisaki takes his side all the time otherwise I'd have already hit him on the head for being a brat.

"Anyways, It's quite surprising that you'd volunteer to help make the Ojoushi-sama." Kaname cut into the argument while addressing Tsumugu who had stopped collecting branches and turned to him. "My grandfather and I are fishermen so we have to at least return the favor." He simply stated before pausing, a small shine in his nonchalant eyes that seemed to look like that of curiosity.

"Is it true," He finally spoke and then added, "That Uroko-sama exists?"

His question took us by surprise since no one from the land usually mentioned Uroko-sama. In fact, we doubted that our classmates knew of him so it is curious as to how he found that out.

"Well he does but he's more of a perverted old man." I explained causing Manaka to shake her head, "Not really... He may be old but I guess he's more like a perverted older brother..."

"I'm quite surprised you'd defend him given that he did curse you." I giggled causing Manaka to turn red at the memory.

"Then does spirit fire exist? If it does, does it ever go out? Or what about salt flakes? What does that look like? Does it look like snow?" Tsumugu was rambling now, the small spark of curiosity in his eyes now a burning flame. It's odd of him to be this loose, since most of his expressions during class were of nonchalance. He barely spoke unless spoken too and even then they were straight-forward answers. So seeing him this animated really does put a whole new perspective to the boy I had now welcomed into our Terrarium.

It's not like I could back out on this decision anyway and try to keep away. Even as my demons laugh at my weakness, it's obvious that he had warmed up to us. Of course the conflicting feelings of befriending him is still there but I can't help but lower my guard sometimes and it doesn't take a while for him to easily get in and affect us like this.

"You know awfully a lot about Shioshishio..." Chisaki spoke up.

"I can see it. When the sun is high up and I peek below from the boat, I can somewhat see those white-washed walls of your home. It's like there's a sort of magical feel to it that it's breath-taking." He explained and I can't help but feel in awe at him once again. For a person of the surface to appreciate our hometown isn't something you see everyday, but then again I always did question Tsumugu's actions.

To be honest, he doesn't really give me the feel of a surface folk. He's more like one of us and only if he had been then none of us would be this wary of him. In fact, I think he and Hikari would even have a wonderful friendship.

Speaking of Hikari, I couldn't help but inwardly snicker at his dumbstruck expression. I bet he didn't even consider that fact that there were people like Tsumugu. Someone from the surface who loves our home just as much as we do.