four

"i brought you a sandwich and a glass of water." he was nervous.

he wasn't completely sure if this was actually eleven. he only knows what mike has told him about her.

he said that eleven was his height, maybe shorter. she had no hair and she wore a hospital gown when he first found her in the woods.

this girl had hair. she had long brown hair. and she wore a pink dress with a blue jacket, both too small for her at that age.

"i'll be back." he rushed back into the house and heads into joyce's room. he grabs some pants and a hoodie, not sure if they would fit or not.

eleven was much skinnier than joyce was. she looked fragile because of how skinny she was.

he ran back to the shed with the clothes.

"here." he handed them to her.

she gave a smile, obviously forced. she left for a bit and put the clothes on. they were a bit baggy, but they were much better than what she had on before.

she had a genuine smile on her face this time. it made will feel like he did something right.

"so," he started to say. "where were you all this time mike was looking for you?"

her expression changed when i mentioned mike's name. she now looked sadder than before.

"upside down."

"how did you survive all that time?"

she shrugged her shoulders. will had almost died from being there for a little more than a week but eleven had been there for five years and she still looked like she was in a better condition than what will was in when he got home from the upside down.

eleven grabbed the sandwich and took a bite, washing it down with the water will provided. she looked like she hadn't eaten anything in months.

which was true.

eleven could survive without food as long as any normal person - three weeks.

how she got food was unknown. will tried to ask but she wouldn't respond. he didn't want to push her.

"can i see mike?" she said once she finished the sandwich and the glass of water.

it obviously wasn't a good idea for will to bring eleven to mike's house. if he refused, she would probably go anyways.

"not now." will said. "mike has things to do."

"like what?"

"homework," will lied. he hated lying to her, she deserved so much better but he saw the way mike jumped when he heard eleven's name, even though he tried to hide it. will knew that mike didn't need that kind of stress right now, or ever for that matter.

eleven would have to wait.