Part 3

School had never been a particularly favorite pastime of Stiles. Sure, he could breeze by if he tried, but it was just so much sitting and so much listening and with an attention span like his- he didn't get the best grades.

Things had especially gone downhill since his hallucinations started. It was one thing to figit around and skip paragraphs of the reading. It was another entirely to have the letters rearrange themselves until it was gibberish.

It was one thing to stare blankly at the teacher while they droned on. Another to be unable to see them at all.

The pack tried to help out as best they could, but Scott was becoming increasingly more agitated with his out of control transformation and seemed to be looking for an anchor in the new girl Kira. Allison was desperately trying to retain her physical abilities, though her tremors were constant and her blackouts more and more frequent. Isaac was insisting demons were after him- the others agreed there was strange things happening, but nothing to the degree of Isaacs paranoia.

Basically it was all a freak show and Stiles could rarely make it through the day without one problem or another.

Scott met him at his locker while he was awkwardly pulling his arms into his shirt, swiveling it around.

"Hey. Sleep at all?"

Stiles fitted his arms through his sleeves, hinging them half out at the elbow and laughing to himself about his T-Rex impersonation for a moment. Scott rolled his eyes, but accepted the childish act, used to it. Being best friends with Stiles from elementary school had acustomed him to the occaisional strangeness. 

"Better than other nights, I'm guessing?"

"Yeah, I got some dreamless hours in so I feel pretty good today. How are you feeling? Still pent up and frustrated?"

"Very." Stiles shoved his books into his backpack then slung it over his shoulder, locking his locker and following Scott down the hall as he continued to talk. "I'm worried about Isaac."

"Is he seeing demons again?"

"Never stopped. He wouldn't come to school today. Last night I could hear him screaming from my room- he's having nightmares now. Get this- this morning, he woke up with a tattoo behind his ear. A backwards five. Except its not a tattoo, nobody blow torched it into him or anything its just there.He said the shadows put it there. He was almost crying, Stiles."

Stiles frowned, glancing at Mr. Yukimura as they walked into history, and lowering his voice.

"What does that even mean? Are his demons real?"

"I'm not sure. But I've been thinking, maybe our anchors, from when we made the sacrifice, maybe they're being affected to."

"Have you checked with Lydia or Deaton?"

"No, but we should all hang out this weekend and figure out what's happening. I've been feeling like I've been being watched lately, like someones always following me, but I thought Isaac was just rubbing off on me. I'm not so sure now, and I want to figure this out."

They dropped their backpacks next to the desk, and Stiles followed Scott to his seat, glancing over his shoulder as he sat down , grinning slightly.

"Being watched? Are you sure its not your new love interest over there?"

Scott craned his neck backwards, missing the way Kira snapped her head back down to her book, like she wasn't just staring him down. Stiles practically snorted.

"Kira? She's not my new love interest."

"But you like her."

"Well, she's pretty great..."