Part 10

⋉ The Nogitsune ⋊

It had started raining. A dark, swirling rain that draped everything in monochromatic gray. The street blended into one continuous blur, void of color. It was almost a surprise when a single figure, dressed in black, stepped through the onslaught of rain to reveal herself.

The Nogitsune cocked his head in amusement, water dripping off Stiles' body and hair, running into his eyes. He took no notice; his vision wasn't based solely on sight. It was feelings and auras and each person was so distinctive it was easy to 'see'. Even if the demon didn't have this particular knack for seeing the unseen, he would recognize who was in front of him.

He twisted his head further, gauging his surroundings as the woman moved closer, mouth twisting into a grin as he watched a swirl of dark black rise from the ground on either side of him. The oni took shape in a manner of milliseconds, unsheathing their blades and standing at the ready. The Nogitsune giggled.

"Noshiko," he called out, voice melodic. "How many more of your playthings are you going to fling at me?" He raised a hand- Stiles' hand- wiggling all five fingers at her. "We started with five- but, there was the hospital," one finger ticked down, followed by another as he continued speaking. "and in the woods during my little planning period. Youre running low, why waste two more?"

He was rather amused. With their history, she was the one here, once again the only one who knew the truth.

"I wont be deterred by your host spirit." Her accent was there, barely. Long black hair plastered to her cheeks and the collar of her leather jacket. "I summoned you- I will end this."

"You haven't changed at all, sweet, little girl. Still so naive. You hid me away once, but you'll never be rid of me. You wanted me, called me and then denied me. I'm starving little Noshiko. I'll destroy this town, and follow you wherever you run until I am satisfied; and I am insatiable."

"Stop all of your talk." He could see the emotions surrounding her change, sharpen. In response, the oni were suddenly moving.

It was painfully easy to duck under the whirling swords, to arch away from a slash, giggling all the while. His eyes were trained on the woman, moving steadily closer without so much as a scratch from the oni. It was two on one, but it was like they were cutting at air.

His hands surrounded her neck, fingers lacing, close enough that in the dark of the thunderstorm she could see the black holes of his eyes.

"Your...soldiers... don't scare me."

"If we can not kill you, I know somebody who can." His fingers squeezed and the smile plastered onto Stiles' face grew.

"Who, your daughter?"

Pain blossomed on her face more from the mention of Kira than from being choked.

"Oh yes, I know Kira. Granted, through this teenage boys eyes, but I've had time to assess. She's no threat."

"Do not... underestimate her." Noshiko looked lost for breath, one hand fluttering at the demons hands, the other fumbling in her coat rather obviously. He watched her hand with an eyebrow cocked, making no move to block whatever offense she was planning. Thunder rumbled in the distance, and as lightning lit up the sky, the Japanese woman thrust a short blade into Stiles' stomach.

But it wasn't Stiles who felt it. In fact, the Nogitsune barely blinked as he removed one hand from the woman's neck, gripping tightly with the slender fingers that remained and lifting her off the ground. His other hand fell to dance along the blade sticking out of his host. It wasn't a knife or a sword- just a blade. No handle, just a sharp shard.