Part 14

♚ Derek ♚

Stiles body was strapped to a chair in the small corner of Dereks loft that could be considered a kitchen. He was still limp, unconscious and still.

Chris, Lydia and Isaac had left with Allisons body- Derek didn’t know to where. Frankly, at the moment, he didn’t care. Allison was an incredible person, a beautiful human who should have never had to face anything like this, who should have never died. Her death was his fault, adding to his endless pit of grief and self loathing.

But Stiles… Stiles was still in there. Stiles could still be saved, and they had to move fast.

“Deucalion.” Derek snapped, as he and Scott moved over to the Nogitsune. “When we’re in there, what do we do?”

“Just find your friend, and tell him how to win.”

“Well, how does he win?” Scott asked quietly. “We don’t know, so how can we tell him?”

“He just needs to take control. It’s all about control, he needs to reclaim his mind. Kira, when the demon is expelled, you should have your fire ready to kill it once and for all.”

The twins were sitting on the counters, watching intently as Derek settled into a chair next to Stiles’ limp body. Scott stood behind them, flicking out his claws. The Demon Wolf led Scotts fingers to the correct places on their necks, and smiled innocently.

“You may want to move fast, so we can take him to a hospital.”

Derek felt his face pale as he thought once more of the bullet wounds ripping apart his Stiles’ body.

His Stiles?
Yes. His.

“Scott, do it.”

⏩ Stiles ⏪

The grinding of the walls set the hairs on the back of Stiles’ neck on end. They were moving. Again.

The chiseled “X’s” he’d made in the surface with his belt flipped away as the walls began to slide, faster and faster, whipping the maze into new designs that he didn’t know.

He had to start over.

It felt like he’d been stuck for years. When escaping the first dark room he’d been trapped in, Stiles had thought he was free. But this was worse. This was an endless torture, the neverending fear that at any moment he would simply cease to be. That he would never find a way out, never wake up. He couldn’t see what was happening outside his mind, what the demon was doing with his body.

He was just lost.

A shuddering breath forced it’s way from Stiles’ lungs, close to a sob. His knees buckled and soon his frame was curling up on the ground.

Sometimes, the Nogitsune would send thoughts his way, terrible echoing thoughts that filled the maze with hazy voices and horrorous hallucinations. For awhile now, however, the demon had been silent. This left Stiles with his own thoughts, clearer than they’d been for months, but so filled with anxiety he could barely function. Now, he couldn't even move. He curled in on himself and let his eyes water, feeling hopeless.

That was when the knocking started.

The rhythmic banging was like a distant drum, startling Stiles back to his feet. This was new, and when new things happened in the maze he had learned to fear them.

Stiles began moving again because moving was better than being a sitting duck for whatever cruel trick the demon was playing. He felt like he was in the movie Jumanji, the sound following him louder and louder as he took off down the long halls of the maze.