Part 12

✚ Scott ✚

 They huddled around the table, shoulder to shoulder. Against all odds, Derek was standing with them, face clouded with pain and an arm wrapped tightly against the wound in his chest. They'd cleaned up the blood a bit, but he still looked like a warfare victim.

The foxfire katana lay on the surface of the table, sheathed.

For nearly an hour now the room had been filled with suggestions and arguments, plans being made and being called off, reviews of what they knew- and it all came down to them knowing nothing.

"How are we going to do this?" Kira finally asked softly, reaching out to trace her sword. "We can't debate this anymore. There's risks."

"We'll debate until we have a good plan." Derek snapped back, and Scott placed a hand on Kira's waist as she cringed from the werewolfs voice.

"She's right; we need to come up with something, fast. Who knows what the Nogitsune wants with my parents and the sheriff. If Isaacs right and he hypnotized them-"

"I saw it," Isaac confirmed from next to Allison. "I don't know if it's something he can do to everyone, or maybe just because they were human..." He gave the Argents a concerned look before dropping his gaze back to the table to listen to Scott.

"Exactly. So, thats all the more reason to hurry."

"Lets just stab him somewhere nonfatal, and then one of you bite him." Allison said, glaring at the table. She seemed the most frustrated about their inability to plan something. She was agitated.

"It's not about the wound." Kira stressed. "It's about the energy. I'm going to send foxfire into his spirit, its going to burn the nogitsune, thats what it does. It affects supernaturals. The bite is so the demon can't just escape, it keeps him in some kind of physical form as he exits Stiles' body. But... Stiles is human and their minds are intertwined, and the fire will kill him or damage him so much..."

"Okay we get it." Isaac stopped her. "Maybe if we turned him, it would heal the damage?"

Scott shuddered slightly, stealing his jaw. Turning Stiles was last resort. It wasn't happening unless he was dying, and even then the bite taking was fifty fifty. It was a risk he didn't want to take. Derek obviously felt the same way, growling low under his breath.

"We're not turning him. Will a scratch work instead of a bite?"

Kira looked lost. "I don't think so."

"Maybe we should call your mom. She has to know something," Allison said.

"I told you. She wants to kill him."

The room was enveloped in silence once more, restarting the cycle they had been going through. Tense silence, bad plans, arguing, placating, silence again.

A phone rang.

They all glanced around at the classical music, eyes falling onto Lydia as she stared at the caller ID.

"Well?" Derek growled as the device seemed to be nearing voicemail. She snapped out of it, answering.

"It's Aiden," She told them. "Hello?"

The group continued watching the red head as her eyes widened and her red lips fell into an 'o'.

"No.... yes.... he has mind control now....Deucalion? How?.... what.... Get back here as soon as you can... of course Scott will welcome you.... Okay....Text with updates."

"What was that?" Allison asked suspiciously, and Lydia looked happy.

"The twins have known what's been going on, I've been texting them and keeping them in the loop. And before anyone accuses them of something, I'm the one who's been telling them to finish what they set out to do before coming back. Which, they were looking for Deucalion for anyone who doesn't know. They wanted to figure out why their transformation has changed and if it's limited to an alpha ability... etcetera.  Now they're coming back though- they found Deucalion and he knows about Nogitsunes, their powers and how to fight them. They're bringing him back too- they can help. We can save Stiles with what Deucalion knows."