Part 13

✚ Scott ✚

They didn't know where the Nogitsune was.

 It had been two days, the plan was in place, everything was ready- but Stiles' body was missing.

 All they knew was that there had been five deaths at the sheriffs station, and the rest of the officers were missing. And the teens weren't stupid. They knew that the news couldn't bode well for them.

 The door to Allisons apartment banged open, and Derek came stomping in, permanent scowl fixated on his face. The house had become their base of operations. Luckily for them, Chris was in enough on the plan not to mind. The Argents guest room was filled by a high maintenance Deucalion, and any couches available, and the floor, was piled with the sleeping teens. Scott was awake, sitting in an armchair in the den, knees curled up next to him. He was holding a police radio, the one Stiles always kept to keep tabs on events in town. Now, the radio was being used to see if the neighboring towns law enforcement had found anything. After all, an entire force disappearing after the murder of several caused a stir. The whole county, and ones nearby, were in on the search for the missing cops.

Of course, the pack knew they wouldn't be found, not unless the Nogitsune wanted them to be.

As Derek stormed through the door, thumping about and kicking off his boots, a few heads popped up from the dens couches. Kira, alert as always, eyes practically shining in the dim light; Aiden, spooning with Lydia across a loveseat, always jumpy, reacting to the slightest of noise; and Allison, hands never free of some kind of weapon, whipping out her daggers before relaxing and snuggling back down on the chair opposite Scott.

"I found a trail but it went cold." Derek snarled, pacing over to the alpha. "Where is he?"

"You need to sleep," Scott said in way of answer. All the wolves had been hunting for scents, listening for any strange sounds, even scents. There was nothing.

Even Lydia had been 'listening,' trying to find the policemen, to find Stiles. No luck.

"I don't have time for sleep."

"None of us do, but we can't help Stiles if we're passing out from exhaustion."

The huff of annoyance was all the confirmation Scott needed that Derek was going to stay put, at least for awhile.Those he'd woken up had drifted back into quiet unconsciousness. It was nearly dawn.

The third day was approaching.

It was stressful to say the least. An inner hurricane of fear and worry for his best friend, for the town, for his pack. The underlying sense that things couldn't have a happily ever after. That Deucalion's plan wouldn't work and Stiles would be lost, or hurt, or killed-

"Scott."

Scott glanced over to Derek, who had settled on the floor in a pile of blankets, close enough to lean against the chair.

"Stop thinking about the negatives." The man commanded. He looked out of place, a rugged face among a blanket fort at a sleep over. "We're going to find him. That's why we shouldn't be sleeping, we should be looking-"

"Looking where, Derek? We've looked everywhere."Scott suddenly felt very, very tired. He was just a teenager, his friends were just teenagers. They shouldn't have to deal with this. Stiles shouldn't shouldn't have to. Where could the demon have taken him- and his parents? The Nogitsune didn't need them like he needed Stiles' body. They may already be dead.

His eyes felt heavy.

Despite his suggestion to Derek, the teen hadn't really slept. Fitful hour long naps every once  in a while, sure, but not the rest he needed. There were bags under his eyes, and everything felt heavy, including his heart.