Battle on Two Fronts

Rex was thrown into a tree his giant metal hands smoking. He had already tried to hit Mugino Shizuri three times, only to be blasted back by her Meltdowner ability.

"Woah," said Rex. "I'll admit, I've never fought espers much, I usually tango with weird monster dudes and EVOs. This is a little different for me."

"If you were smart you'd get out of the way now." said Mugino as greenish energy surrounded her palms. "Or I won't hold back in killing you."

"You won't hold back eh?" said Rex grinning. "Well then....I guess I won't hold back either!"

Rex morphed one his arms into a metal whip attatched to a generator on his back. Rex lashed out his Blast Caster at Meltdowner.

Meltdowner created an energy disk in front of her and disintegrated the metal whip. The energy continued to travel up the whip and blew up the generator on Rex's back (no pun intended).

Rex was thrown into the ground. "OW!! That hurts!!"

Mental Out ,who was sitting nearby under a tree, giggled. "Wow! He's got spunk this one, I don't think anyone besides Misaka has ever been this bold!"

"DON'T YOU DARE MENTION THAT GIRL!!" Shouted Meltdowner.

"Distracted aren't we?" Said Rex grinning as he morphed his arms into giant mechanized nunchucks. Rex ran at Meltdowner and swung his Funchucks around and smashed the metal machine against Meltdowner's back.

Meltdowner was thrown over 20 meters into the air and she would probably had broken all her bones had she not used an energy blast to slow her fall.

Rex remorphed his hands into his Bad Axes. Rex jumped up and swung his two blue energy blades downwards. Mugino created another energy shield and blocked Rex's blow again, disintegrating his machine and blowing Rex back again.

"Lucky shot." growled Meltdowner. "But this time you're dead, let's see how you handle this!"

Four beams of energy at once were emitted from around  her and blasted forward at high speed. Rex barely activated his energy shield arms in time before the powerful beams hit him.

Rex pushed against the blast with his Block Party shield while gritting his teeth. His feet dug into the ground as he was slowly pushed back.

Meltdowner began to laugh. "How does it feel kid? To be inches from your own demise? That's exactly how Railgun is going to feel when I find her!"

"Death huh?" growled Rex. "I've gone up against worse."

"Have you?" said Meltdowner as her energy beams began to intensify. "Trust me EVO kid, you haven't begun to see the dark side of the world yet......I have....and it can't be saved."

"It's thinking like that that's made the world unsavable in the first place!" Rex yelled. "Which is why I'm not giving up on the world!"

Rex's shields grew into a large dome and Rex powered forward until he slammed into Mugino. Rex morphed up his Smack Hands and attempted to pile drive Meltdowner. Meltdowner yelled and a tremendous beam of energy blasted Rex back.

"You think you're free from the dark side of this world!?" Shouted Meltdowner. "Look at the people you work for! The only reason they want Tennyson is so that they can gain control of absolute omnipotent power!! Whatever lies Providence has told you....It's obvious you know nothing!!"

Rex paused as he got up from the ground. This girl was right, all Rex had done was follow orders and go after that Ben kid without really thinking about the reasons, or even bothering to ask.