Techadons Go French

"Do you see anything?"

Ben, Mikoto, and Gwen snuck around the streets of Paris, doing their best to keep themselves unnoticable.  Gwen and Mikoto had changed out of their wet clothes and were both wearing matching  barrets with black long sleeved shirts and jeans. 

Ben on the other hand was wearing a new black windbreaker over his usual white t-shirt. (Apparently the old one was getting worn out.)

Ben looked up at the Eifel tower that stood before them. "I don't see anything suspicious yet. I wonder how Birdway figured out there was a secret base hidden here."

"However she found out, I just want to find it, stop whoever that magician is and get out." said Gwen. "The fact that the Academy City fighters were here means that they'll probably have some ground troops around."

"Nothing Rath or Humungousaur can't take care of." said Ben.

"Yeah, but it would probably be better if we didn't have to resort to that." said Mikoto. "Come on, I think I can sense some radio signals coming from under the tower."

The threesome pushed their way through the crowds of tourists until they passed under the web like arches of the tower. Ben had to admit, it was spectacular. The intercrossing web of metal gurdurrs was a masterpiece of architecture, not that Ben knew much on the topic of architecture, but he'd smashed and blown up enough buildings in his lifetime to appreciate a well built tower when he saw it.

"Okay," said Ben. "Now how do we get to....um.....whatever's below our feet?"

"Hmmm." said Gwen feeling the ground with her shoes. "If I knew the exact location of the facility in the ground, I could use my mana to teleport us in......but it's probably better I don't risk it."

"What about Big Chill or Ghostfreak?" asked Mikoto. "Couldn't they just phase through the ground?"

"Too many witnesses." said Ben. "Besides, even though Azmuth says I have complete control of Ghostfreak now, I'm still a little too uncomfortable on that subject to risk it."

"Where's a door when you need one?" groaned Mikoto.

"My, you sure do mention the obvious solutions don't you?" Birdway strolled over to them liesurely, somehow able to avoid the crowds of tourists without much trouble. "Of course there's a door."

"You have some nerve!" growled Ben. "What the heck were you thinking kicking us out of an airship like that?!"

Birdway shrugged. "You three have survived worse. Though I do apologize for the unexpected company, I didn't know that Academy City had tracked us this far, though thanks to the number we dealt  on Recoil, I am quite sure that we won't be seeing Albedo and his group for a while yet."

"So now what?" said Gwen. "You said there was a door, so where is it?"

"Right below you." said Birdway. "Though it was never the original doorway. You see, the real entrance to the base is actually several miles from here. However, we lack the proper clearence to enter, and the defenses are rather troubling. So I figured that the magician we're tracking must have found a way in somehow. I tracked the traces of mana until I came to this spot, right beneath the Eiffel Tower."

"So we're using the way the guy we're tracking got in." said Ben. "Makes sense."

Birdway kneeled down and put her hand to the ground and began muttering under her breath. Suddenly Ben felt as though his next blink was a little longer then his last. When he opened his eyes, he and the rest of the group were standing in a chrome metalic hallway with metal tubes and wires covering the chrome walls, and flourescent lights hanging from the cieling.