Chapter 1: A Strange Dream

I ran. Through the streets of Thebes I ran as shouts trailed in my wake. I could feel my energy sapping as I raced away from the people chasing me. I turned down a dark Alleyway, hoping to escape my pursuers. I burst through the alley into a sunlit courtyard. Blinded by the bright light, I crashed into someone. I looked to my left from my position on the ground and saw that I had knocked over another girl. The girl was about 16, so my age, had shoulder length jet-black silky hair and was wearing a gauzy long white beautiful dress. She looked like she was around 5 feet and 6 inches tall, so she was around the same height as me. She was also wearing a gold and extremely detailed snake headdress, and a blue, green, and gold necklace, as well as having glittering, golden beads threaded through her hair. I pulled the other girl up, saying all the while "I am so sorry" over and over again. As the other girl stood up, we both locked amber eyes on one another. Gasping, I jolted up from bed. The dream felt so real!

I quietly pushed back the satiny covers and got out of bed. I quietly padded across the carpeted hotel room floor over to the balcony. As I thought about that strange, extremely vivid dream, I realized I had been having it every night for the two weeks since I had arrived in the beautiful, sprawling city of Thebes, Egypt. As I watched the sun's glow begin to appear over the horizon as dawn approached, I decided I would take a hot and steaming relaxing shower and then go and have breakfast to keep my mind off the dream and to pass the time until my snoring dad woke up. After I ate my breakfast of a bagel with salmon and cream cheese I went back to the hotel room just as my father was getting up out of his bed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this is so short, its more of a prologue clue to the rest of the story. Thanks for reading. I will update soon. By the way, the above dream is a picture of the necklace she saw in her dream. I may put up a picture of the snake headdress next chapter. Also, what do you think the main character's name will be? Warning, I research.