Chapter 11: The Tomb

Once my dad put his work things away, he asked me "Do you want to go with me to the tomb in the morning?" I nodded my head yes, feeling like if I spoke, I would burst into tears again.

The next morning I followed my dad to the tomb site. I gasped in awe after seeing the interior of that stunning, beautiful, gilded tomb. After we were inside and I had stopped gaping at everything, he said "Do you think you could help me figure out who the tomb belonged to?"

I said ¨Yes, I might be able to help.¨ Knowing some of the things about the ancient people, since I had just been there myself, I looked around to see if I could find any clues from the furnishings of the tomb before walking over to the sarcophagus and looked closely, even though I was trying not to touch anything.

The face of the sarcophagus looked familiar, and it only took me a moment to recognize the features. Then I quietly gasped in surprise and shock, even though I knew she would be dead by now. It was Anippe's tomb! As I looked around the tomb, I determined that she had probably died very soon after I left her time because of the sarcophagus size. They had probably killed her for helping me, since they had decided to consider me to be an evil sorceress.

Then, I saw something that was hidden in the tomb that she had probably left for me to find. Knowing that I would be the only person in modern times who knew her personally as well as things she was likely to do. One of the objects that she hid for me was a small carving of both of us to the smallest detail, complete with colors and our exact features.

It was probably done by the priest who had helped us, and she had probably told him where to hide it. The other object was a gift of a small gilded amulet that had her name inscribed on it, complete with a message in hieroglyphics on a papyrus scroll that was written by her hidden in a secret compartment in the back of the amulet. I slipped both the carving and the amulet into my pocket before anyone else could see them. Then I told my dad who she was without giving anything important about Anippe and I away.

After I told him and we went back to the hotel, I felt a sense of peace, from helping her fulfill her last wish. I looked at the carvings and statuettes I had bought in the marketplace that day before I went to ancient Egypt and gasped in surprise. They had all turned out to be carvings relating to Annipe and I or the soul-sister story. My soul must have innately remembered the encounter between Annipe and I from her perspective, considering we share the same soul and picked out those statuettes and carvings accordingly. I know I will never forget her or my time in ancient Egypt for the rest of my life and beyond.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that's it! Egyptian Timewave is done!
Stay tuned for the sequel, American Paradox!

P.S. if you can figure out what's gonna happen in the sequel, I'll give you your own character!

~Egyptian Goddess of Fate, signing out.
See you in the sequel!!